Chapter 23: The Dragon King

SURPRISE UPDATE, also check out my new story, Kelos: The Digital Otherworld
————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Welcome, Reaper. I have been waiting for you for such a long time."

"And I'm guessing you're the Dragon King?" I popped the question right off the bat.

"Correct, although please call me Tsubarian." he lifted a wing into the air. "Call me Cason then." I lowered my hand and bowed to him.

The Dragon King was covered in mostly gray and a black scale here or there. He had a rather sleek design for a dragon, and had only two horns protruding backwards from his skull. On his head, lay a golden crown, covered in all sorts of jewels.

But he seemed a little small for a dragon king, sure he was bigger than his subjects, but by not that much. He seemed more built for elegance and speed.

"Are you just going to stare at me all day? I would not blame you, I am fabulous." he chuckled.

I regained my composure, "Why have you been waiting for me?" I asked him.

"Well, being alive for 3,500 years gets boring, I've been waiting for you to help entertain me." he said.

"What am I, a circus performer?"

"No, a sparring partner." he stretched, arching his body into the air and unfolding his wings.

"I hope you are good, I haven't had too many good fights in the last 3,000 years anyway."

"What happened back then?" I asked.

"The old Reaper came by and beat me, badly. He said he needed to see his share of land. It was the only fight I ever lost. He even held back and only used his wit." he sighed.

"Am I supposed to be the same or?"

"No, I plan on winning, although I have gotten a bit old. That will not stop me though." he puffed his chest.

"[Transform Dragonling]" Tsubarian said, and a cloud of gray smoke surrounded him. When the smoke settled, out walked a smaller bipedal dragon, kinda like a lizardman.

He wore gray fabric, which vaguely resembled a kimono, with a sword attached to his belt. He took a stance to draw his sword, and he drew it slowly to show off the blade. As I expected it to be, a silver katana.

"This is my own creation, there are no other swords in this style." he smiled and rose it in front of him. "I guess we're going to fight." I drew Aaron and also raised it in front of me.

I took the liberty to [Appraise] him while we were staring at each other.

————————————————
                     Tsubarian
————————————————
Age:3,572  Level:999,999 Race:Dragon
Gender:M  Class:Enchanter Dragon
Rank:Z  Job 1: King  Job 2: Enchanter
————————————————
                        STATS
————————————————
HP:15,000,000/15,000,000
MP:19,000,000/19,000,000
STR: 9,798,329
DEF: 9,639,982
WIS: 9,999,999
INT: 9,999,999
DEX: 9,894,201
SPD: 9,999,999
LUK: 30
————————————————
                 SKILLS/SPELLS
————————————————
[Enchant: All] Lv Max
[Magic Mastery] Lv 99
[Transform Dragon-ling]
[Roar] Lv 76
[Swordsmanship] Lv 89
[Astral Dragon God Power]
————————————————
             PASSIVE ABILITIES
————————————————
[Blessing Of Astral]
————————————————
                     TITLES
————————————————
[Dragon King] [Friendship Messenger]
[Troubled] [Shut-In] [Max Level]
[Father Of The Blessed Dragon]
[Challenger Of The Reaper]
————————————————

Our stare down continued for a few seconds until he made the first move.

The threw a thrust at me, and with the way he angled it, how he grasped his blade at that moment, I predicted that his right hand was to throw a punch if I dodged to the right. So I dodged to the left, but he threw the punch anyway, and he used the momentum of his punch to turn to whip his tail at me.

He did a bit of damage, but not enough to do anything serious. I laughed, "Is that all you had?" I taunted him. "Do not underestimate me!" Tsubarian said, falling for my taunt.

"[Sword Slash]!" Tsubarian yelled, but it did absolutely nothing to change the fact it bounced of my cloak. "[Gut Punch]" I said as I punched him in the gut, sending him flying onto a wall.

"Are you alright, My Lord?!" one of the butlers asked. "I'm fine, time to use my full powers." his eyes glowed. "[Enchant: All]!" he said, he felt even more powerful. I checked his stats again and was shocked he had added two 9's to all of his stats, his mana however, didn't get any and there was 10 million missing. He smiled, "Time to lose Reaper. [Astral Dragon God Power].".

Shit. He had added three 9's to his own power ..... he was now way more powerful than me. Although he only had 1 million mana left.

"Feel my power!" he clashed with Aaron, creating sparks in the process. He pushed me back into a wall, and using right hand again, he let go of the katana and tried to throw me another punch. His mistake.

I used the wall behind me as support as I double kicked him away, although it only pushed him back a little bit, it was enough to do what I needed. "Luna, transform!" I yelled out.

"As you wish." she clouded with black smoke and fell to the floor with a clatter. Deliva jumped back, "What?!" she seemed confused.

I jumped from the wall to Luna, who I picked up. I sheathed Aaron for now and held Luna steady in my hands. "You ready?" I asked her; "Whenever you are!" she responded.

""[Transform Grim Reaper]!"" we said at the same time. This was going to be the first time using that form in proper battle. I also felt something being released, was it tension?

I felt the urge to give in to make an X with a fancy hand motion, "[X Slice]" I said, causing an X to appear and fly forward.

Tsubarian jumped out of the way and charged at us, we blocked his charge and added our own counter combo. "[Death Combo]!" I said, attacking Tsubarian, which to he winced. He jumped back and blocked our next attack, he looked a little bloodied, despite being so strong.

"[Transform Dragon]!" Tsubarian's grey smoke covered him over and he returned to dragon form. He looked to have lost all the damage I gave him, but his scales looked a bit paler. He shook it off and kept going.

I checked his status and I instantly knew what it was.

"[Dark Hex]!" I said and Tsubarian was trapped in a magic circle. It began to glow and a dark pillar of dark flames rose from it, covering him. The circle faded but nothing immediately appeared to happened.

"[Roar]!" He roared, afflicting me with Paralysis for 15 seconds. Those few seconds he slashed and clawed at me, until I broke out of it. "You could have used your dragon breath attack." I said as I returned to battle stance. "Enchanter Dragons do not have a breath attack." he clawed at me. "Interesting." I dodged the attack.

"That should be enough time.... [Hex Activation]." I smiled. The Dragon King quickly slowed down to a grinding halt and collapsed in place. "What did you do to me?" he said, he could only speak while in this state.

I released myself from [Grim Reaper] form and so did Luna.

"All I did was set up an Advanced Mana Drain Hex, nothing that big." I laughed. "Hexes that good take 3 days to set up, not even counting the chants." he laughed.

"I'm just that good." I grinned. "I doubt it, you looked pretty afraid when you saw me at full power." he kept laughing.

"But anyway, you did beat me, fair and square. Getting to full power takes up so much mana, but the power is worth it." he turned serious.

"I guess I have to reward you for beating me," he said. "I don't need a re-"

"I will have give you my daughter to marry." he smiled devilishly.

Nani?