Chapter 9: Floor 30 - Rank Up

I laid on floor 29's grassy plains.

The floor was filled with some odd slimes so it was pretty easy to clear. Cat sat next to me, eating some monster meat I made for myself but that she took. "Do you really need to eat?" I asked her. "Well, I don't have to but your food tastes good, so I do." she said smugly. I smiled again.

"How was your life until you met me?" Cat asked. I frowned. "Let's see, I was born on a planet named Earth in a different world, along with my twin sister.-" I said before being interrupted by Cat. "Twin sister?" she asked. "Yeah, I have a twin sister, is that weird?" I said. "In this world it is, anyway, where's your sister at the moment?" Cat asked. I winced. "With the King ...." I said, frowning. "I see. Anyway, continue your story." she said while smiling. 'This girl' I thought before I continued my story.

"I had abusive parents, they died in a car crash. Our uncle adopted us but Kayla didn't want to leave me behind." I shuddered. "He treated me terribly, only keeping me because Kayla said so. He told me once, "Get a job, and help your old man, after all I've done for you.", with a smug face too. School was a pain, I was more or less a 'loner'. Having average in everything and somehow keeping the will to live is harder than you'd expect." I said.

"Sounds like you had a terrible life, but it's more exciting than being in a rock for over 3,000 years. Lets say you lived a pretty 'rocky' life." she laughed. I put on a pained smile. "Yeah, fun." I said.

Cat laid down beside me, still munching on my monster meat. "I know we are underground, but look at those realistic cloud formations." Cat said while pointing at the weirdly formed clouds. I laughed. "That doesn't look anything like a cloud from out there." I said. "But it looks l exactly as I remembered...." She said quietly.

We got up a few minutes later to take down the next floor. {Gulu, The Ancient Slime} was protecting the stairs. It was killed almost immediately. We entered the stairs.

As we slowly climbed down the stairs, I could feel the warmth of the next floor. Eventually I was sweating up a storm, but the notification cleared up my pain.

————————————————
        Gained Passive Ability
————————————————
Ability: Extreme Heat Resistance
Des: Good job on surviving, you've
been so close to magma or lava that
you gained resistance to it's heat
Effects: Resistance to heat to an
absurd degree, always active
————————————————

My sweating stopped and a kinda cool feeling swept over me. I realized that my clothes would no longer be protected from the sheer heat of the magma. Cat however was fine, she cleared up before that her dress was made of many frills of various metals, with resistance to being melted even with magma and lava.

I stopped, Cat stopped too. "What's wrong?" She asked. I took of my shirt, "Ahh! Umm, well, who am I kidding, you couldn't resist me for a week." She yelled then smiled. "What do you mean by that." I said putting on armour Cat made from the corpses of the ancient bosses.

Cat frowned, I smiled. "Turn that frown upside down." I said as Cat began to sulk. "I was expecting you to be the aggressive one ..... I guess I have to be now." She said softly, almost whispering. "Let's go down, shall we." I said and Cat began to follow.

We reached the next floor, it was covered in magma. Demons were flying around the floor, not daring to touch the ground. I walked on top of the cooling magma, mostly because I didn't have a flying ability. Cat used [Telekinesis] on herself to float slightly above the ground of the floor.

"How are you walking above it?" Cat asked as I watched my enormous HP drain slowly. "Sheer HP and my new passive ability." I responded nonchalantly. "Weirdo" she said as she continued to float.

The demons were killed in one shot with a punch. Cat mostly refused to turn into a scythe when fighting singular weak enemies. Only when surrounded or fighting a boss, she decided after the skeleton floor.

Cat still helped by shoving their corpses into her item box spell while following me around. "Why do you need all this for anyway?" Cat asked me. "I have no idea, we'll sell some to the humans when we conquer the dungeon." I said while punching another demon. "These are {Higher Arch Devils}, I don't suppose you have a plan to sell them without being asked a thousand questions by the weak humans." She said while shoving more corpses into another dimension.

I sighed. "Well we haven't found any money in the dungeon, have we?" I said, stopping in my tracks. "I have all the fortune that my creator gave me.' Cat said while pulling out some red coins. "Adamantium Coins, worth 100 Platinum Coins each." She said while smiling. According to a book I read a long time ago, 1 Platinum Coin was equal to 100 Gold Coins, which each one was 100 Silvers, and each were 100 Coppers.

"How many do we have?" I asked. "Over 300 of them, with over 900 Platinum for change." Cat said with a smug face.

I looked to the darkened cave-looking ceiling of the floor. "We're rich, but are they still currency after over 3000 years?" I asked. "That ..... I have no idea." She whispered under her breath, but I could still hear it.

"Anyway, let's continue conquering the floor." I said cheerfully.

We found the stairs in a pit that had lava flowing around it but not in it. There was a big demon holding a lance, while starring ahead. I cast [Appraise] on it. {Goswalf, The Ancient Lance Devil} it read.

We approached the devil, it looked at us. "What business do you have here?" It asked in a rather deep and 'scary' voice. "We are here to beat the dungeon." I said while clutching Cat in her scythe form.

The devil thrusted with his lance at my abdomen with a lot of force. I stood my ground and the lance bounced off my skin upon contact. The devil was surprised.

"What spell did you do?" It asked as it stepped back. "None" I said as I decapitated the devil with Cat.

I was going to collect the spoils before a notification appeared in front of me again.

————————————————
Class Rank Up
————————————————
You have completed the requirements
to rank up your class. Read as follows
————————————————
Class: Reaper -> Grim Reaper
Des: The 3/5 stage of the Reaper
Class Tree, A very powerful being
that makes even the undead tremble
Requirements: 1 Million Souls, 25
Ancient Souls
Effects: Transform: Grim Reaper,
Soul Hearing, Revive, Deadly Pressure
Titles: [Grim Reaper] [Soul Herder]
[Slayer For Souls]
Next Requirements: 1 Billion Souls,
100 Ancient Souls
————————————————

————————————————
      Transform: Grim Reaper
————————————————
Des: Robed in a black cloak, this being
belongs in nightmares, Must Carry
Scythe to transform
Effects: Scythe Techniques ++,
Levitation, Fear Aura, Undead Look
————————————————

I went quiet. "What happened?" Cat asked as she reverted back to her human form and took Goswalf's corpse. "I'm a [Grim Reaper] now." I said.

"Good for you! But you are not as strong as my creator just yet." Cat said

And we went down to the next floor.