Chapter 14: Floor 100 - Harulo's Final Floor

We finally reached 1k! It seems only yesterday I created the first chapter, I'm very happy.
————————————————
   Luna's PoV (Also known as Cat)

Aaron and I collapsed to the ground under the enormous stress of the increased Gravity. Cason himself was kneeling because of it, making the bone dragon chuckle a bit. "Stop the flattery" it said through it's boney rattles, as it stood over Cason.

Cason looked up and gave it a fearless evil smile. In his hand a knife materialized, shiny and purple, but it appeared to be cracked. The dragon took a step backwards out of shock. "How!? A soul weapon!?" it rattled.

"This is the end. [Thunderbolt]" he laughed out, causing the knife to shoot forward. It embedded itself deeply in the heart of the bone dragon. It stumbled and fell.

Gravity levels returned to normal, but I was too exhausted to get up and Aaron had already passed out.

"Curses, I didn't know he had a soul weapon ... If I can't kill him like this ... I'LL TAKE HIM DOWN WITH ME [SELF DESTRUCT]." the dying bone dragon laughed out. Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep-Beep resonated from the orb. Cason gave out an odd look, like he understood what the dragon said. He put up a powerful barrier around us, but he didn't bother with himself.

The orb exploded, filling the room with bright light. Like any kill, Cason absorbed the souls quickly enough to normally survive the explosion, but something odd happened. The barrier cracked and the words Critical Hit in red letters hovered above it. I let out a yelp, there's no way he could have survived a critical hit from this. The light faded.

Aaron was startled awake by the explosion and my yelp. "Where's father?" he asked me, rubbing his eyes. He stopped when he noticed my tears trickling down my face. "Are you crying?" he asked, "N-no!" I responded, trying to hide my tears.

The smell of burned rock filled the cracked barrier. In the center of the room, a large crater had been created by the blast. Cason was no where to be seen.

"C-Cason?" I asked into the darkness. I inspected the crater, hoping to find him, only to find unsalvageable shards of the purple knife. It served it's final mission in glory, although it was oozing some sort of purple substance.

I collapsed to the ground again, my tears flowing from my face. 'He's not dead. He's not dead. He's not dead' I cradled myself and tried to reassure myself. I felt happy with him, but now I felt despair with him gone.

His bright smile. His soft, gentle laughs. His humor. His way of handling me. Now gone. He had made my heart skip a beat, but then my heart skipped beating all together.

I realized at that moment I loved him. But now I could never tell him, he was gone. I cried even harder.

I didn't notice Aaron burp out a soul. I didn't notice it fly to the edge of the crater. I didn't notice the familiar dark mana it absorbed, making a body of it's own. I didn't notice it was his soul ... his body ... his heart, until he put his hand on my back. How did he survive?

————————————————
                   Cason's PoV

You'd expect a dragon's stomach to be a tortuous hell, but rather, it's relatively calm. Then again I was in soul form sooo, I have no idea how it would feel if you were alive.

Aaron burped me out in a respectful fashion, somehow. "I'm sorry for accidentally eating you, father." he said while looking down. "That's okay Aaron, now how does this work?" I said as I was auto absorbing back my mana, my self revival skill in action.