Chapter 15: Fresh Air

The air was clearer than I remembered. It was fresh and my lungs felt cool. I haven't had fresh air in such a long time.

Aaron was spinning around, even though he looked at about our age, he was still a child inside. "This. Is. So. Fun!" he laughed.

He stopped and pointed at Terose. "What's that?" he asked me. "That's Terose, this world's sun.". "It's orange and warm." he smiled. He was such a child.

The mouth of the Harulo had a small grassy area, surrounded by a forest. Aaron had left the chest in the center of the grassy area. Luna and I approached it.

"I wonder what's inside ..." Luna said, prodding at the chest. "It looks like it needs some sort of key ..." I stated as I inspected the lock.

My cloak's pocket felt slightly heavier. The cloak only had inside pockets so it was easy to get to. In my hand lay a silver key, mana was pulsating from it. "Silver?". "No, Mythril" Luna corrected me. "You know a lot about your ores and gemstones.". "Of course, I am made of some." Luna said.

I opened the lock on the chest and opened it. There were 5 items, a book, a mage's staff, a ring, a scroll, and a item bag filled with blacksmithing materials and equipment.

"Mine" Aaron said as he picked up the ring. It was silver with a purple gemstone. "I feel safer for some reason, it must be the ring." Aaron stated.

Luna picked up the staff. "May the water spirit guide me and absorb all. [Water Vortex]" she chanted. A vortex materialized above some trees and sucked them in before popping out of existence.

"Isn't it 6 lines? Instead of 1?" I asked the suspicious Cat. "You see, uhh you can shorten chants down by cutting out unnecessary words. Almost all mages don't do it because it can produce disastrous effects." Luna explained. "Like as you can see, that shorten version made the spell last less time but upped it power, it's a delicate balance of what you want. Also an edited chant costs way more mana than if you normally chant it."

"Interesting." I said as I eyed the book. It had a brown leather cover with no writing on it.

I picked up the book and opened it. "Common Sense by H. Harulo" it read.

"You're from another world, Cason. This book I made was from observing regular people over the years(I was bored, you'd understand if you were underground for a few thousand years).

It'll help you out a lot, and before you ask, this book is written in your native language so no one but you, me, and the others summoned at the same time can read it.

First, Soulmite, the black gemstone to you, turns grey whenever someone other than you or Luna hold them. The reason for that is because of it's special ability, [Soul Search]. This ability allows the gem to read the holder's soul and if someone perfect for the soul is nearby, it turns black. For this reason it is very expensive and can sell for a lot, for what they call "Soulmate Searching". Whatever you do, DO NOT SELL IT. If you do you will gain the interest of the high ranking and rich.

Second, do not make Luna or Aaron turn into their weapon form in front of people. I'd recommend just using Aaron as your main weapon now, and Luna for emergencies.

Third, join the Adventurers Guild, it'll help you for identification.

Fourth, you will eventually have to help fight in the Demon War, like you were summoned to do in the first place. There you will meet your classmates, as they're called. They were summoned to fight in the war not too long ago, a very dire emergency.

The fifth and final major point, always wear the cloak I'll leave behind. It is very useful, it will hide your face if you have the hood up. It can also comply with your wishes, like it can summon the key or fold to become a sheath for Aaron's weapon form. It will still be a cloak but with a pocket for Aaron.