Chapter 19: The First Request

After having an uncomfortable night on the floor, it was a mistake to let Aaron go immediately. He tackled me to hug me.

I cursed from Luna outsmarting me. She, unluckily, heard it.

"Dark. Cold. Lonely." was all Aaron could spit out at the moment.

.......

After comforting Aaron for Luna's mistreatment of him, we headed down the main room. There were a couple of other adventures eating their breakfast.

"The same as last time," I said to the waitress as she came to us. "Well, we ran out of Orc." she laughed nervously. "That's alright." I smiled.

Luna dumped out a few Orc corpses onto the table, covering it with fresh blood. The waitress screamed and stepped back a bit, she looked pale.

"Is there a problem?" Luna asked with a harsher tone than normal. She was still angry at what happened.

"No, n-none," she said lightly, she sounded on the edge of fainting. The cook had poked his head out of the kitchen.

"Aye, whut's goin' on here?" he said in a gruff voice. He looked concerned as he searched for the origin of the scream. He then focused on the bloody pile of Orc corpses.

"Whut happened 'ere?"
"N-nothing"

"A deposit to cook us breakfast" Luna's eyes shone darkly, filled with lesser malicious intent. The cook slowly approached the table and took 2 crumpled bodies.

Luna never dropped her creepy smile as the cook was approaching, causing him to quickly run away. I had to get her under control.

"Uhh, Luna?" I asked in the most pathetic voice I could muster. Was this what fear felt like again? I hadn't felt it in such a long time that I almost forgot.

"Yes?" she turned to me but without dropping the smile. "Could you, like, uhh not scare away, you know, people." I nervously laughed.

"But you do it all the time." Luna pointed out to me. "We're in the presence of good people..." I said.

"But all people are bad."

"Then what am I?"

"You're not like them."

"I'm not asking that if all people are bad, then what am I?"

"I don't know ..."

Luna dropped her smile and looked to the floor. "You're human, aren't you?" Luna asked me as I stared deep into her emerald green eyes.

"Yes I am, and only that." I smiled. She hugged me and rubbed her head in my chest. "Don't go see other women, okay?" she looked up at me. "I won't," I said.

"Erm, breakfast's ready..." the waitress said, trying to not interrupt us. "Thank you," Aaron said to her. "You are welcome" she smiled at Aaron.

.......

After the drama of breakfast, we headed to the adventure's guild. Exactly like last time, the room grew quiet as of our appearance.

We walked up the receptionist lady, who was different from our previous entrance. This time she had dog ears and had slightly smaller melons. Just slightly, but they were still rather large.

I then received another elbow to the gut for staring too long.

"Hello, how may I help you?" the receptionist asked. "Do you have any requests?" I asked with a smile.

"Are you an adventurer?" she asked, looking confused, I just laughed. "Erm, are you?" she asked again, I became quiet.

"Are you new around here?" she asked me. I took a breath, "Yes I am, for both questions.". "Can I see your Adventurer's Card?" she said and I pulled out the now golden card.