Chapter 13: Floor 99 - Unlucky

800 reads ... thank you all, here's the next chapter.
----------------
Floor 99 stair's entrance-

Finally, we're almost at the end.
After 2 months of conquering floors, we finally reached the 99th floor.

"It's been a long time since I entered this dungeon." I remarked and sighed. "How long has it been, father?" Aaron asked me, with a refined tone.

He has already become an adult dragon, mostly because he ages by leveling up for some reason. They grow up so fast.

"2 months ..." I said, "You don't even know how long that is ...". "Indeed I do not know, I have not even lived that long." Aaron said, sighing as well.

"No need to be depressed you two, we've had great memories here." Cat smiled. ""Who said we were depressed?"" Aaron and me said together, and then looked at each other.

"It's time ..."
"Yes it is."
"Definitely"

The three of us stepped forward and slowly descended down the stairs.

.....

Foggy.

Lots of fog.

I couldn't see a thing about 20 meters in front of me, and the others also were affected. I appraised the fog, as I was reminded of some sort of toxic fog (I wonder where).

————————————————
Vampiric Magical Fog
————————————————
A type of magical fog that slowly
drains your life force and magic.
Blocks the usage of transformations.
Vampires and Undead are unaffected.
————————————————

I tried to transform to [Grim Reaper] but nothing happened. I was stuck in my original form, unable to use the form's bonus.

The greater problem was Cat's scythe form. She was always in human form except when I used her as a weapon against a boss, only then would she transform. Now that strategy was out.

"Another very strong soul, but something's off about it." Cat said, looking off into the distance.

"What is the worst that could happen? Father is very strong." Aaron said, dooming us to the jinx's curse.

"Let's move on." I laughed to hide my nervousness as we trotted forward.

The fog's humidity increased to a suffocatingly amount as we walked. We might as well have been breathing in water.

"We're here." Cat said as she stopped in front of a large purple orb the size of my head. "An <Orb>?" I asked, inspecting as I walked around it.

"Something's off about it, but I don't know what..." Cat said as she helped me inspect the orb. "[Appraisal]

————————————————
                    Soul Orb
Carries: 10 Legendarily Enchanted
Ancient Dragon Souls
————————————————
An orb infused with Soul Magic.
Can absorb souls to use later as
Golems or Undead, requires
magic formation.
Being used in: Undead
Currently Inactive
————————————————

"10 <Legendarily Enchanted Ancient Dragon Souls>?" I said aloud. "10?" Aaron repeated right before he took a step and tripped over an alter spike. He caught himself on the orb and pressed onto the orb. It began to shine a purple hue as Aaron stepped away from it.

The ground groaned as pockets of it lifted. Bones began to poke out of the earth and started to form. One after another, the bones formed to make a leg, then two, three, four. Large curved bones flew up as they formed a gigantic ribcage. The bones shuttered, creaked, and groaned as they clicked together in their places.