Chapter 18: A Sister Yet A Thief

2k reads already!
————————————————

"Uhh" I groaned as I rose up slowly from the bed. I looked over to see my wife sound asleep, covered in the wrinkled sheets. I was still very tired, but I got up anyway.

I stretched a bit and picked up my clothes oddly scattered around the room's floor. After casting a cleaning spell on them, I put them on.

I opened the door slowly and walked out. I bumped into the lady from yesterday outside my room.

"I was coming to tell both of you, breakfast is ready. But I have to say, you have great nightly endurance." she winked. I felt my face grow red as I looked into her chestnut brown eyes.

"Don't wake up my wife, I have business to attend to. When she wakes up, tell her I've gone out." I told the lady. She nodded, "Do you want breakfast before you head out?".

"Umm, well, why not?".

.........

I had no idea this world had chicken eggs, well checken eggs. Scrambled on top of on special Orc meat, served with slighty hard bread and a cup of early morning ale. Very filling.

I thanked the lady and the cook, who's apparently her husband, and walked outside. The bright sun hurt my eyes a bit.

I decided to roam around the town and see if I could get rid of some monster materials. At least from the first couple of floors.

Stalls yell out for customers to come see their wares, "Checken sticks here!- Come get your freshly grilled checken sticks here!" or "Jewels, gemstones, and jewelry, come buy them for your lucky partner.". I ignored them all.

I stood there, taking it all in. I had a tiny, but powerful urge to blow everything up and walk away. I kept myself in control, I didn't want to be the next subjugation mission.

"Excuse me sir!" a lady said as she accidently bumped into me. I thought nothing of it until a shopkeeper from a nearby shop yelled out, "Stop that thief!". He had pointed at the lady who had just bumped into me.

She appeared to be slightly older than me and Luna. She had long blond hair reaching to her waist. She had light garb and if you looked closely enough, you could see a sheathed dagger.

She tried to dash off but I felt her fingers in my cloak pocket. "Nothing?" she said, a mistake on her part. "To show thieves like you, not everyone can be stolen from." I smiled.

I grabbed her by the arm before she ran away from me, not that it mattered, I was faster. She struggled to get out of my grasp but failed. "I don't want to become a slave. I have a family to feed. Please let me go." she pleaded, with the puppy eyes.

The shopkeeper had caught up to us. "Hand over the criminal, I will turn her in. A criminal slave with her looks will sell for a lot of gold. Maybe I will play with her before that." the shopkeep smiled creepily.

"I shall decline the offer, she tried stealing from me too." I smiled back. The shopkeeper huffed, "That was a demand, not an offer.". "So what, it doesn't matter to me anyway." I said.

The shopkeeper pulled out a knife, "Hand her over, and you will not get hurt." he said. I simply smiled at him, "Ya wanna fight mate?" I said with my best Australian accent.

He thrusted at me with the knife. I grabbed the blade and broke it. He was left speechless, allowing me to flee with the thief.

I stopped at an empty alley, the thief was breathing hard. "Let. Me. Go!" she struggled, I only laughed. "No." I said.

"I need to go!" she yelled out. "Fine, if you show me a good enough reason for that.". "I guess that is fair..." she quietly said, but it still wasn't a whisper.