Chapter 5: Forest Of Esgua

1 week later
————————————————
"Master, the party has been created, it is just you who needs to get ready." Eliza said as I was reading.

"I'll be there in a few minutes." I said, closing the book, setting it down, and slipping into light leather gear.

That day, we were going to hunt a {Copper Boar} to help me level up. Since my build was speed, I had to wear light armor. My makeshift scythe was used as a reference to make an iron one. It was nice, not the best, but nice.

Anyway, I read a lot over those past couple of days, just a few books from the library. For example, the {Copper Boar} is a D ranked monster. Monster and power ranks go in the following order: F, E, D, C, B, A, S, SS, SSS, X, Z. Only the most powerful monsters are Z ranked, but they are extremely rare and are usually legendary. Regular people have a rank of E or F, knights have D-C, great adventures are somewhere between B or A, meanwhile, us heros, are A-SS ranked, except me, an F rank.

I opened my door and stepped out, Eliza was already waiting for me. She grabbed my arm and led me through the uncharted maze.

Some time later-

"Here we are master." Eliza said as we reached the front entrance of the castle, leading to the outdoors. As a shut-in for the past couple of days, it burned my eyes, and I was temporarily blinded.

Eliza stopped, "Master, what is wrong?" She spoke with concern. "Give me a minute, I need to adjust." I rubbed my eyes.

When I could see, I looked up to the sky. I never took notice what the sun in this world was like.

I discovered it was an orange giant. "Wait, it's an orange giant, life can exist here?" I asked and Eliza gave me a puzzled look.

"Orange giant? You mean Terose, our sun! What a weird name to name a sun." she said with an innocent smile.

Ignoring the pain my eyes were in, we reached the party. It consisted of a pyromancer, Harold, Silvia, a knight, and 2 of Harold's lackeys.

"Hello guys." I said nervously. "Hello" Silvia said, "Sup" Harold and co. said. I smiled, "Hello Silvia, how are you doing today?". "Good" she said.

"I have to leave master, please return in one piece." Eliza said as she left me with the party.

"Should we set off now?" the knight asked. "Yeah" I said to him. He pulled out a compass type thing and said, "Let us head east." as he began traveling east.

We traveled slowly into the horizon. "I'm only doing this because the King asked me to." Harold said as he bumped into me.

4 hours of walking later, we finally reached the Forest Of Esgua. We entered it quickly to not lose time.

{Goblins} and {Blade Rabbits} attacked first, both were E rank. Harold and co. defeated them quickly and we advanced forward. Later {Stone Wolves}, {Blood Bats}, and {Dire Moles}, F ranked monsters. Harold took care of the wolves, the pyromancer killed the bats, and the knight and Silvia attacked the moles, leaving me with nothing to fight.

I cast [Appraise] on the monsters to keep note of their stats. They were much higher than mine, by about 30 points.

I used it on all of my party members. Harold was Lv 11, Silvia and lackeys were Lv 9 meanwhile the knight is Lv 8, leaving me in the dust.

We set up camp for the day. Everyone told me to set up the tents while Silvia cooked food. A few monsters attacked as we ate, drawn by the scent of the food.