Chapter 8: Floor 21 - Weapon Of A Reaper

Thanks for 100 reads! Enjoy the next chapter
————————————————
21st Floor-

"And just they keep on coming!" I yelled as endless hordes of {Bone Warriors} and {Skeleton Knights} approached quickly. You could hear the joints and bones crackling even from a far away distance.

Apparently I obtained the agro of all the undead on the floor because I threw a rock at their king, {Gralo, Skeleton King}, hitting it's mana stone and it turning the skeleton to dust, effectively killing it in one shot. As would any good subordinate upon a good king's death, chaos ensured after and the skeletons had a fireball of fury and aimed it at me. The only problem was, I was way too strong for them to fight, even with sheer numbers.

Right now the floor is covered in bone dust and the scattered bones of obliterated skeletons. No matter how many skeletons I kill, more appear, and to make it worse, they have no souls themselves. The skeleton king had one but he was dead already, so the first thing that struck me was a queen second in control you have a king in control, you may as well have a queen by his side.

Hunting for a queen is easier said than done. I have experience in a such field because the first floor had a goblin king and queen, the Dire wolf alpha and his queen on the third floor, and so on and so forth.

Usually the king of the race/tribe has a queen and they are usually well hidden and help the king with his 'duties'. So if it were a skeleton king, she would most likely be in a fancy grave.

The remaining skeletons continued to pursue me as I roamed the floor. Grave after grave, bones after bones of fallen elite warriors. I searched the king's grave, nothing. Running around full speed around the floor, I discovered a weird cave.

I entered the cave slowly, wary of tricky traps. Nothing for 5 km deep into the cave, until I reached a pair of giant Soul Adamantium doors. I touched it and I felt myself grow weaker and the door opened.

I cast [Appraise] on myself and discovered I lost over 100,000 weak souls (C-S). I walked sluggishly into the dark room, and cast [Dark Eyes].

There was a pedestal, and an odd weapon stabbed into the pedestal. I recognized the weapon instantly, a Scythe!

I walked up to the pedestal and pulled on the scythe, which had somehow embedded it's toe into the pedestal deeply. I could not pull the scythe from the pedestal.

"Hey, that's not how you do it." a voice said. "Who's there?" I asked loudly into the darkness. "Down here, it hurts a bit when you pull on me, I feel like I might break, eventually." the voice said again. "An Intelligent Weapon?" I asked, I only read it in a book and apparently they were extremely rare, made only by divine blacksmiths with an extreme amount of difficulty.

"Well, yeah, what did you expect? A simple scythe that listens to all you say? No, you have to buy me with souls." the scythe said. "Souls?" I asked it. "Yeah, they are delicious, can I have some. Your aura tells me you're a [Reaper] so you must have some extra souls from opening the door if you can pull on me so hard." It said. "I do have extra souls, but first, how do you know I'm a [Reaper]?" I asked the scythe.

"I was created by a [Reaper] myself you know. You're much weaker than him when he made me, now you might as well be stronger." the scythe said. "What does that mean?" I asked. "It means he used up a lot of souls." the scythe said.

"Well, what's your name? I haven't seen someone in over 500 years, and they were a weird bunch." it said. "Cason, anyway, what weird people?" I asked. "They called themselves the 7 Deadly Sins, well they died on Level 100, so they were weak. Anyway, they made some artificial souls to enter the room to get me, but they tasted bad so I refused." it said.

"Well if you don't mind ..." I said as I poured souls into the scythe. The scythe greedily gobbled them up. "So delicious, I haven't had a good one since I was put here." it said. "How long ago was that?" I asked. "Over 3,000 years ago.". I was surprised when I heard that.

I picked up the scythe and casted [Appraise] on it.

————————————————
   Death's Deadly Shadow Scythe
————————————————
Des: Created by the best blacksmith
that ever existed, it's only purpose is
to reap souls; Intelligent
Weapon Type: Intelligent Weapon: Scythe
Sharpness: 9999999999999999999
(10 Quintillion)
Equipment Effects: Item Box Ω,
Weight Increase, Auto Repair, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Transmute,
Transform: Human, Dragon, Shadow, Cat
Special Skill: Materialize
Magic Conductivity: Z
Magic Skill: Soul Devour
Durability: 1700000/1700000
————————————————

"Jesus, you're strong." I said while slightly gasping. "Heh, thanks." the scythe said. "So what do I name you?" I asked the scythe seriously. "Give me a minute. [Transform: Human]!" it said before the air around it grew black, until the scythe was no longer visible.

After a minute, the black haze disappeared, leaving a girl at my age in my arms. She was dressed in a black dress and wore white gloves, her brown hair was in a pony tail. "Hello again, as you can see my created gender is female, so ....." her face grew red. I was confused. "Why did he make you female?" I asked. "Ohh, because he predicted your arrival and guessed you were going to be male." she said with a smile.

"I see, I'll name you ..... Cat!" I said. "May I ask why?" Cat asked. "Well you can turn into a cat, so why not call you Cat?" I said with my best pokerface. "Alright, master, may we hunt some souls?" Cat asked, slightly irritated. "Lets go!" I said.

Traversing through the cave was easier than before since I had already mapped it with [Mental Map].

Cat smiled when she saw the artificial sun shining when we got out of the cave. "The sun looks nice." she said. "We are underground you know." I said while trying to hold back laughter. "I, I KNEW THAT!" she yelled at me while her cheeks were red. I smiled and lightly chuckled.

"I only feel a single soul on this floor, what did you do to the place?" Cat asked. "There was only undead on the floor so, yeah ..." I said. "Lets go hunt it down." Cat said while taking my arm and dragging me away. 'Where do I remember this?' I asked myself as Cat dragged me across the floor.

A few minutes passed and we reached a relatively normal looking grave. "You see, this angel statue makes it rather fancy, how did you miss it?" Cat said. "Well, those aren't really that fancy in my previous world." I retaliated.

Cat turned back into a scythe, "Dig the grave out and lets fight it.". I kicked down the grave stone and a single skeleton came out. It was different from the rest. "Why are you here?" It asked with it's rough voice. It was dressed in a white gown with cuts in it and had some dirt on it.

"Well, we are here to collect your soul." I said while activating [Terror Smile]. "I am {Derala, Ancient Skeleton Queen} and your spell does not affect me." Derala said. I embedded the toe of Cat into her mana crystal (Stone=Crystal). She turned into dust.

"That was ..... anti-climactic." Cat said in her human form. I smiled. From that day on, me and Cat had a great adventure traveling throughout all the floors of the dungeon.