Two: "Call Me By My Name."

"I saw light

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"I saw light. . .and darkness. Life. . .and death." Rey told Finn, after he had asked her about her experience with learning to use the Force. He sat across from her at the old bench at the corner inside the Millennium Falcon, staring at her wide-eyed to give her all his attention. "I saw good and bad and the balance between them. I can't quite explain how it all felt."

Rey held her head down, her eyes hidden from Finn as he watched her talk. She kept her eyes trained on her hands that laid out idly in her lap, her mind unaware that she was picking at the cuticle of her thumb. She was too distracted by remembering what she saw and felt back at Ahch-To. It seemed like it was so long ago even though it was only yesterday. So much has happened since then. . .

Finn could see something different about his friend after coming back from that island. He saw it as she sat alone, staring down at the two pieces of her broken lightsaber. The same lightsaber he once wielded himself. It was her weapon, something she could hone. It was also a part of her like one of her own limbs. It would have been with her as she went down the path to figure out where she belonged amongst the Jedi.

Now, it was ruined.

Finn didn't ask how it gotten that way. He just noticed she wouldn't let it go for the longest time, not until she hid it away behind a panel on the wall so no one would find it. Well, except him.

So he decided to ask about her Jedi training with General Leia's hermit and (according to Rey) deceased brother. He hoped he could maybe figure out if their meeting had to do something with her current state. She was meant to bring him to help the Resistance, but he gave her lessons on the Jedi instead. Finn knew how desperate she was to seek for her identity. The truth about her capabilities. To redeem her past in finding her parents, but she ended up learning about her true birthright. She learned she was a part of the Jedi race, the last to be exact. That could be the lead to who she is. To whom she was meant to be. But watching her sit so calmly and composed, it seemed she didn't get all the answers she was looking for.

Rey switched to a new topic: the creatures on the island. Finn noted a lift in her voice as she recounted a memory specially with Chewie and a Porg. Whatever that is? He didn't question the change in subject, just that she was more invested into talking about huge mammals that produce green milk rather than her personal experience with the Force and lessons from an actual Jedi Master.

Sure, Finn knew she was hiding something. Either whatever really happened on that island, whatever happened during her training. It was holding her back. He could sense she kept it locked away not like a secret, but more of an oath. It was not only written on her face, the light in her eyes which had burned out. It was in the sound of her voice. The vibration that didn't lift like she it did just now. Her accent didn't draw out and align with her words. It was complete monotone through and throughout.