Seven: About Ben

The next morning, Rey was jogging through the long stone hallways in the new Resistance Base

The next morning, Rey was jogging through the long stone hallways in the new Resistance Base. She passed by some familiar faces along the way and asked for directions as to where the General was. Soon enough, she found the main control room where General Leia stood off to the side of the large room, having a conversation with someone as they both hovered over a wide and long blue hologram—most likely blueprints from this angle.

Rey quietly stepped inside the room, passing people sitting at desks. And to the desert girl, it seemed they were surveying different things that dealt with technology way passed her knowledge. She walked over the desk and waited for the right moment to announce herself without interrupting.

"Hello, Rey," Leia greeted her, still eying the blueprints on the desk.

It seems she didn't have to after all.

"Good Morning."

"Morning," Leia replied, "how do you like the weather here?"

Rey lifted a brow, a little confused by the sudden question. "Uh, the weather?"

Leia lifts her head and glances over to the girl standing by awkwardly. It seemed she had something on her mind. "You know, the clouds? The sun? A subject most people use for small talk?"

"Are we having small talk?" Rey asked in spite.

"I don't know you're the one that came to me," Leia shrugged, "but now I'm just curious about your opinion."

Rey thought about this for a moment, wondering how she should answer, if there was a wrong or right one. It's not like she had the right to complain. They came here to escape the First Order and it had been just over a week and there was no word whether they've caught their tail. "Well," Rey eventually said, "I have a liking for the rain."

Leia could tell Rey was playing it safe, but there was a glint in her eyes that say otherwise. She smiled at the girl and felt her honesty radiating around her as strong as her Force signature. "I bet," Leia replied, "since you lived your whole life in that desert pit."

"Um, anyway, General," Rey started, using the opportunity to switch subjects. "Can I speak with you in private?"

Leia stepped around the table to stand beside her. "Sure, Rey, what is it?"

Rey didn't know how to exactly put it into words. All she knew was that she gave her a look, one unsure of having the direct answer herself. Rey mentally spoke something amongst the lines, Oh, just about your dark evil Prince of a son Kylo Ren. I just wanted to mention how your son whom killed your husband and had a chance to redeem his destiny which your brother thought was doomed to be a part of the Dark side forever. She thought about where to start, but knew she cannot simply blab about it. Leia must be sensitive to hear about her son after everything that has happened.