Bonus Epilogue

Thousands, millions, even billions of stars were spread across the onyx sky, burning bright with every ounce of life they each had in them. But from far away, they only seemed to twinkle and shimmer so softly, shining over one of the many private villas in the city of Theed where the recent famous newlyweds were currently sharing their first night after their long day of their back-to-back marriage ceremony and reception.

The bride raised her chin to the three moons, catching sight of a star falling across the vast sky. Her eyes widened in lust and wonder, watching it vanish just as quickly as it appeared. She stepped forward, gripping the railing on the balcony where she stood, patiently waiting for another. And it's known waiting has always been something she's good at doing.

Like waiting for her husband to arrive to the ceremony on time.

Which he didn't.

And she was gonna hold him to that next time he wanted to fly the Millennium Falcon.

But that didn't matter by the time she walked down the aisle. He lifted her veil, held her hands, and said those words two to her:

I do.

Such a power those two words held.

It was the two words that sealed the vows to which the Dyad exchanged before they were declared husband and wife in front of all their family, friends, and the citizens of Naboo.

They were now and forever Ben and Rey Solo.

Of course, it was noted they were bonded in ways beyond written words. Beyond any definition. They were born as soulmates. Matched as equals before they ever even met. Their souls were unified as one in the Force. What they shared was beyond any planets' policies or restrictions could attempt to place on their relationship. What they had was chemical, physical, astronomical.

It was grace of destiny.

It was the gift of fate.

It was the will of the Force.

It was their love for one another.

Because of their love, their compassion, and their hope for each other throughout the many stages of development in the duration of their lives—of how long they simply knew each other—they felt the need to tie this very last knot, to officially be together in their immense, momentous connection by having it written down on paper.

To document the marriage of a Dyad.

They faced too many obstacles to get where they were now. To mend the wedge which once stuck them on opposing sides of a war. It was once their anger and hatred in the way they saw things differently that once made them fight each other with swords. And yes, every once in a while the pair may bash heads, bicker, and tease—but no blood was shed. They have found better ways to release their tensions, whether it may be arguing during meals, sparring on the courtyard, or merging their bodies during the late hours of the night. It was all mere proof of their connection. That they could truly be together. That they were meant to end up together.

Except. . .it wasn't really the end.

So much time passed that it seemed they were more than a married couple. And yet they finally were. They could now continue to move forward in their relationship at each other's side. The only way it was ever meant to be.

Ben Solo stepped out of the bedroom before leaning against the doorway leading out to the balcony. He took a moment to himself, just to stare at the woman who he now had the honor and privilege to claim as his wife for the rest of his days. He studied her hair, her figure, her outfit, seeing everything about her differently as he once did before.