Six: Someone to You

A couple nights later, Rey woke up in an startle

A couple nights later, Rey woke up in an startle. Her body and mind went full alert but, there was something that kept her in bed. Rey slowly sat up, knowing she woke up in the middle of the night again for a reason. She turned her head and her eyes tailed along the edge of the darkness. She stared willingly into it until they found what they were looking for.

Then she saw him standing there again, camouflaged in the darkness that surrounded him. She only made out his silhouette starting from the paleness of his the chiseled jaw. The darkness that was him. Though Rey reminded herself it was only because of his attire and his hair that he blended with the darkness so perfectly.

Rey frantically threw the covers off of her and turned on her bedside lantern. She stood up and allowed him to walk up to her. That's when she noticed something was off. It was in the way he walked. There was a stumble in his last step. Then her eyes raise to his gloved hands as they wavered at his sides.

Rey observed him thoroughly, her eyes following every trace of him. Eventually, her eyes make their way up to his face.

Rey saw Ren had his head held high like usual, though she could feel the stiffness of his neck herself. She listened to his heavy breath, he's panting so hard she could literally watch his chest rise and drop in rhythm.

Rey also sensed his fatigue. She sensed the soreness of his muscles, the ache between his joints. And beyond the pain. . .that's when she felt his fear.

Ren was standing about an even six feet away from Rey. Though she could probably sense it off of him, he believed that amount of distance was close enough where she wouldn't see how he was trembling as an effect of the torture he experienced every night.

But how wrong he was.

Rey took a step towards him. Her eyes were imploring he speak to her. She gave him a look that asked, 'What's wrong? Did you have another nightmare?'

Ren tried to stay composed. He hoped if he weren't so open as before, Rey wouldn't send it. He didn't want to hastily open himself up again. He didn't want to be the weak fool he used to be before he claimed the title as Kylo Ren. The stronger man, the better man he was meant to be. A life he could build for himself where no one could disappoint him. A empire he could rule like his grandfather where he didn't have to take orders from anyone. He tried to remember all of that when that other voice in his head persuaded him to confine in Rey. Because. . .I want to so badly.

So he only replied with a simple nod.

Rey scanned his eyes to see if he were telling the truth. And if she were being honest, she saw a man who pretended to be strong his whole life about to break any moment. "Do you want to talk about it?" she asked aloud, hoping she could prevent that from happening. Or do I want to know. . .