Twenty-Nine: Be Our Guest

"Did we already walk through here?" Rey asked her companion, addressing the glass windows leading out to the stars and moon shining outside

Ben lifted his head, looking up at the ceiling to search for something that could distinguish whether they have or haven't been walking aimlessly through the palace halls. Rey and Ben had been spending their free time walking down one of the many corridors inside the palace in search for some dining hall or room mentioned to them where Leia awaiting for her son so they could eat me spend time together.

Rey wanted to explore the city on her own, but Ben insisted that she walk him down so they could explore the palace together. But she also figured it's best she stay close to Ben for now. . .just in case.

And yes, they have only found out that this was the palace where the Queen of Naboo resided. She was a trusted ally and friend of General Organa who gave permission for the Resistance to stay as they awaited many more to arrive to discuss restoring the New Republic.

Ben pointed to the decorative glass lighting hanging in the center of the ceiling, rays of light spreading across the smaller hallway that lead down to two doors, one directly straight ahead and one to the right just before the corner lead off to somewhere else. "By the looks of it," he finally relied, "there's only one chandelier rather than three."

Rey fiddled with Ben's hand in hers, having him be her guide as she placed her main focus on her surroundings. Her eyes observed all the interior design of the palace as they walked through this maze just to find some room to dine. She studied the glossy floors, the luscious designed wallpaper, the genuine portraits, the breathtaking chandeliers, the glass windows that lead out to balconies. It was all so beautiful. Of course, this was all fit for a queen.

Also, they've managed to find fresh, clean clothes (all thanks to General Organa). Ben wore a deep blue tunic that was tucked in his ash gray leather pants held against his waist with a black holster belt and boots to match.

Rey herself wore an outfit of her typical style with silks, except this time they were a soft and bright sea foam green with a darker shaded sleeveless high neck top. She also wore matching pants and brown boots. The silks this time were wrapped from her forearms, cutting off just below her shoulders and collarbone. Her hair was pulled back in a high ponytail, cascading down in natural waves.

"Your mother won't approve, I'm sure," she told him, eyeing the dark tones of his attire.

"Not my fault black suits me all too well," he said. She laughed at his persistence to wear the dark color, thinking how it doesn't have any hold on him—no relation to the darkness that once manipulated him.

"What's a chandelier?" Rey asked him, staring up at the glass structure for herself.

Ben didn't give a second thought as to why she'd ask that kind of question. "It's just a fancy light that hangs from the ceiling."