Eleven: One Step Back

"Supreme Leader, our spies have managed to track the coordinates of the Resistance's current location," one of the First Order guards informed Ren

He barely entered the control center of the ship before he was given this piece of information. Still, he made his way down the catwalk towards the large windows where he stared out into the endless sea of blackness and microscopic scattered lights. The one thing that could always easily represent how he felt. Especially at this moment.

Ren finally gathered himself after his last confrontation with Rey. He managed to snap out of that weak, vulnerable state he always hated after their conversations. How she she bewitched him to say and do things he wouldn't dare do in front of anyone else. So, to take his mind off of things, he decided to get an update on things. But this one in particular was unexpected.

Ren wasn't relieved when the guard said that they have the whereabouts of the Resistance. He thought he finally would, after seeing most of the fleet were killed off for himself. Only a few of them left to deal with and a weight will be off his shoulders. They won't be a problem for the First Order anymore. But maybe once he realized how corrupted the First Order was or at least the leader was, it was time to get rid of it. All of it.

It was time for him to rebuild something new. Something he had complete control of. No Snoke. No master. Just him and what he had planned for the galaxy.

. . .and the scavenger.

Rey 'Nobody'.

He couldn't envision doing any of it without her.

Figuring that the Supreme Leader Snoke was dead, he would take his place and do more for the galaxy than his master ever could. He saw no one having to hide amongst this Black Sea, worlds away. Just like she was.

When Rey came into the picture, he was given clarity unlike ever before. He laid witness to the truth he always knew deep down inside. It scared him how she had the ability to do that, especially without the Force. She taught him so much and had been there for him in so many ways. But it only ended up putting him in a state that he never knew existed. One that made him feel like a fool.

But if he brought out her strengths in the Force, if he had her use the power she contained that's she's been afraid of—the potential she hasn't yet tapped into, he could rightfully take the galaxy with much more ease.

She must have learned from somewhere if she tricked him to think the way he did. These feelings that came out to the surface—there was too much to be true. If he couldn't trust the damage she did to him, one thing he knew for sure was that he could trust her.

Or maybe that was just Ben talking.

But Ben was de—

"Sir," a guard said, bringing Ren's attention back to the ship.

"Excellent," he replied, intertwining his fingers behind his back.

"Permission to jump to hyper speed?"

"There's no time to waste," an all-too-cheery yet informative Hux spoke up. "We must find those Rebel Scum and annihilate them once and for all."

A muscle in Ren's chest tightened that stopped him from storming back to his quarters. He locked his jaw and shifted between his feet when her name came into mind again. If they have the location, they knew not just where the Resistance was hiding, but where Rey was hiding. Not that she could hide from him. And her being who she was, what he accused her of doing, they will come after her.

And what they will do to her. . .

All because of him.

"No," he ordered, the word simply coming out of his mouth before his mind had the time to catch up and stop himself.

Hux, standing tall with his hands behind his back like all the men among the ship broke from his stance. He didn't wait a beat before he gawked at the new Supreme Leader in bewilderment. "But, sir—"

"We will not purse them just yet," Ren had cut him off, feeling the leather crunch in his fingers.

Hux shook his head, familiar with this typical indecision from Kylo Ren. "According to the coordinates—"

"Supreme Leader," Hux said, forcing those words out like vile.

Ren threw his hand out, and he Forced the general  to locked his hands around his own neck, stopping his irritable voice from talking any further. "I said no!"

"He has a point," a different First Order general insisted from the sidelines, taking a step forward to face his superior. "You want to risk losing our next chance to terminate the Resistance Fleet?"

With the position he had, Ren had the right to simply walk out of a room if he was tired or bored, or had his point made across. So he did, without shedding Hux another look as he passed by him after releasing him. It's not as if he needed approval.

"So you're going back to your room and sit idly by while the rest of us continue to follow your orders only not to go through with them?"

Ren opened one of his hands, stretching the muscles in his palm and then started closing his fingers in. As soon as he knew it, he heard a loud, shaking bang as a body collided with the ceiling, and then there was the sound of ear-shattering crunching of bones before he heard the body make a thud on the ground. This was as easy as closing your eyes for the Supreme Leader.

And as he spun around to face his personnel, he once again had the redhead in a chokehold. "May I remind who you're speaking to, General."

"No," Hux coughed, "Su. . .pre. .me Lea. . .der."

And with that last syllable, Ren spared him. Out of his good manners. "You will not question me again."

Hux nodded.

"Remain on course! We will not go after the Fleet without my direct orders," he commanded, before he stepped out.

Then he marched down the catwalk, hoping the example he set for the others will take effect.