Eighteen: With Friends Like These

AN: Inspiration of Rey's new outfit is up top. Artwork by Axel Sauerwald. EnJoy!

Later, Rey marched down one of the corridors alongside Chewbacca and R2-D2, the three of them heading off to the Millennium Flacon, after Rey gave them an explanation about the general's orders

Later, Rey marched down one of the corridors alongside Chewbacca and R2-D2, the three of them heading off to the Millennium Flacon, after Rey gave them an explanation about the general's orders. She suspected they were going to a little skeptic at first to want to be a part of the mission to save Ben as he was still Kylo Ren to them. But what mattered was that they agreed, which she knew they'd cave for her.

Before she went to them to ask for their help, Rey went to pack all of her belongings (though it was quick since she didn't own much) and to try on the new outfit Leia had given to her.

Rey flattened the skirt with her hands. She smoothed out the baggy dark violet pants just where it cut to her calves before she slipped on her black boots. Her fingertips ran over the thin leather halter top. She ran her fingers through the seams of fabric that would appear to be ripping apart from the long top forming a dress-like structure.

Rey's eyes got lost in the different tones of red and pinks at different areas of her outfit. A mixture of light and dark tones that enriched her sight. Rey felt the silks around her wrists and all the way up her arms. She couldn't help but smile ear to ear like a little girl would if she were playing dress up.

Rey fastened her hair into a tight braid before she made her way to the cot. She walked over and sealed one of the pockets of her backpack before she scanned around the bedroom one last time. Rey looked off to her right, finding a small dresser standing against the wall. On top, lied the severed lightsaber, lying there to collect dust.

To Rey, that lightsaber as broken as it was, meant so much to her. For something that could never be fixed, something unable to put back to its original form, symbolizing just that to her. This weapon bared the fragments of her last physical encounter with Ben. With Kylo Ren.

Rey took the two pieces of the lightsaber in her hands, feeling the emptiness from its broken parts. She wondered about its history, all the Jedi that wielded this sword. Why it chose her. There was a pit of guilt still inside her, mentally apologizing for letting such a rare weapon be destroyed. How she allowed her drama involve this once powerful object. Maybe one day she'll learn how to repair it. Better yet, maybe she'll learn how to build a lightsaber of her own.

And now, a droid, a Wookie, and a scavenger find themselves outside, making their way where the Falcon lied inside the hangar.

Rey bit the inside of her cheek, noticing three figures standing up ahead. She sighed, knowing it she wouldn't get away with risking her life without them finding out. Not when it worked out for her the first time. She just didn't realize it would be this fast for them to know what she was up to. She was hoping she would tell them herself.

How could they have known? Who would have told them?

Leia.