Twenty-Three: So Close, but Still So Far

Rey looked up, watching Ben shape himself into a fighting stance right in front of her

Rey looked up, watching Ben shape himself into a fighting stance right in front of her. He gripped his lightsaber with both hands, having the cross-guard itself pointing to left to shield him off from the Stormtroopers coming closer to their direction.

Ben shifted his weight from each foot. He boxed his arms and swung the lightsaber around, taunting the redhead whose holding a blaster from straight across the corridor.

Hux gripped the blaster, pointing it at Ben while continuing to shoot glares at him. His amused grin turns into a smirk, patient for Ben to start a fight that he knew only two possibilities how it'll end.

Rey felt the hair on the back of her neck stick up. The burning pain still pulsing from her wounds. She clutched her shoulder tightly with her right hand, feeling the blood trickling through her palm. It was warm and thick against her fingers. Her other hand hovered her side, feeling the blood soaking through the silk material underneath her halter top. She shivered as air was sucked into the hole there.

Rey let out a small cry, unable to hold it back anymore. She mustered her all her energy and determination to lift her left hand against the wall. She pushed herself directly on the soles of her feet, balancing her weight as she felt her knees go weak.

Rey lifted her head, looking around to survey what was going on. Ben in front of her, holding his weapon out while three Stormtroopers stand behind the redhead, aiming their blasters at them. They all blocked the corner which she, Finn, and Rose came from. The same path that lead to the elevator to escape.

Beside her were Finn and Rose, who've removed their helmets. They had their blasters out, aiming at the Stormtroopers that stood amongst the redhead. Rey counted them, six to her left, four to her right.

They're outnumbered, Rey thought to herself. Outgunned.

She couldn't shoot with her dominant shoulder having been shot. She could use the Force, but with her state and with so many at once. . .They wouldn't be able to make it out easy. But maybe they could jut make it out. She has faced worse than average Stormtroopers.

Besides, it seemed she just figured out that that smug First Order general would catch them eventually. That he wanted to trap her in the first place. He allowed them to enter the Star Destroyer, he probably allowed them to come here just to catch them.

"Do not resist," Hux commanded, "Or I'll shoot her again!"

Ben tilted his head to the side and waved the lightsaber to the right. "I don't think so," he said, keeping his voice low and callous.

"Stand down," Rey muttered through her teeth.

"What?" he asked her, surprised as he glanced behind his shoulder to see she was on her feet, though he refused to expose it on his face.