Fourteen: Hollow

Rey was alone

Rey was alone.

She was truly, completely alone.

Abandoned.

But this time. . .it was Ben that had abandoned her.

What Kylo Ren told her, what he did when they spoke. . .it all confirmed it. He was. . .gone?

Once again, he left and she was stuck with the Supreme Leader.

Rey cried herself to sleep. Not that she got any. It was so cold her body shivered so much she couldn't relax.

She felt a stillness in the air against the bare skin peeping out of her thin wool blanket. The deafness in the room drove her consciousness mad enough to stir her awake each time she felt herself drift off. She then felt the cool breeze against her skin and quickly took the end of the blanket to cover her arms but in turn, it left her feet bare.

Rey sucked her teeth in frustration, bringing her legs up to her stomach as she felt her body warmth radiate under the blanket. Her teeth chattered together, still fully aware of the coldness in the room. Rey forced herself to get up so she could light her lantern and get some warmth out of it.

But the moment Rey sat up, she felt a wave of nausea that pushed her back against the bed. She tried again and pressed a hand against her stomach, only to feel the sudden urge to puke. Fortunately, she didn't. But the feeling was there. A loud, urgent, and heavy feeling.

This weight inside her from the nausea made Rey feel almost hollow inside. As if she already threw up everything inside of her and all left was an emptiness. It was as if there was nothing inside of her. Nothing there in the first place. Nothing to fill the hole he created in her soul.

That emptiness caught her attention more than the sudden wave of vertigo.

There was no pull to any sort of direction, just a numbness that terrified her from its familiarity. Rey could always feel the bond, a small pull that radiated louder and louder until she found Ben on the other end. But right now. . .there was nothing.

She wondered of course, if that had something to do with this. Yet, Rey also questioned if Finn having tried recreating his favorite dish of grilled bantha and wild rice back from his Stormtrooper training days might have gave her food poisoning and she was only being paranoid. She had sworn he cooked it all the way.

For another moment, Rey kept her palm pressed against her stomach, thinking that her nausea had suddenly died down. But the urge to puke came back in a large, rapid wave that Rey jumped up from her cot, darted over to the small ceramic bin on the other side of her nightstand and lifted it under her mouth just in time as she started to hurl.