Thirty-Four: "Nice to See You Smile."

AN: Please remember I do not own any of these gifs and fan art. They belong to their respectful owners. I think these works are beautiful and must be shared. Thank you for understanding and like always, enJoy!

A whole month had passed when Rey ignited the yellow lightsaber in her hands

A whole month had passed when Rey ignited the yellow lightsaber in her hands. It was alive in her touch. Her very own lightsaber. She felt its very core—the kyber crystal—humming to life. The one and only that called out to her at the crystal cave of planet Ilum. The cave known to be where Jedi like her have gone to achieve their kyber crystal.

Rey felt the metal sing against her fingers. She felt the weight of the whole saber, remembering the weight of each part she constructed herself to create this weapon.

Rey gently sliced her lightsaber to the left and then to the right all in different angles, letting it move smoothly along the gusts of wind flowing at her sides, causing her to quickly push her hair out of her face every now and then. The strands of her wild, mahogany brown hair which were loose upon her shoulders. She could put it up like she usually did. But she preferred it this way for now.

A piece of herself begged her to thrash the lightsaber around, to hit any close target she could find. To use the weapon to strike at something, to slice and destroy for practice. For fun.

But she ignored all of that.

She refused to give in.

Stay calm.

Stay focus.

Reach out.

Rey took a deep breath, ridding herself of those thoughts. She blanked out her mind and forced to let her body work for itself.

I know what I'm doing.

Rey tapped into the Force, giving herself over to let it take control of her. To let it take control of the lightsaber. She didn't allow herself to listen to a single instinct that told her to fight. She promised herself that she wouldn't straggle out to the open courtyard only to abuse Ben's gift to her (as he was the one who found the parts of her saber). That the reason she woke up early in the morning, snook out of the bedroom with her new lightsaber was to ruin it.

Rey told herself she wouldn't forget her training, especially with what she recently learned about the Force.

When Rey woke up in a single jerk of her body, she sat up, alert with where she was, whom she was with. Only a month has passed by and yet it all felt like only a dream. If it were not for the clutch of her heart against her ribcage when Rey saw Ben's bare chest and her own—remembering the night they shared as if it were the first—she'd would have let herself thought so.