Twenty-Four: Ready & Aim

Ben looked down at his left hand, his palm open just after he felt the touch of Rey's fingertips brushed against his

Ben looked down at his left hand, his palm open just after he felt the touch of Rey's fingertips brushed against his. He tried to gather that quick feeling, to remember the touch of Rey's hand inside his hand and what that meant. He wondered what she was doing—giving herself up like that.

Ben clenched his fingers together, balling his hand into a fist. He lifted his head up, seeing Rey and Hux not around no more, leaving him to wonder where that power-hungry lunatic was taking her.

He'll kill her if he can't get to her in time, Ben thought to himself. But another voice chimed in after: Rey can hold her own.

With those thoughts coming together, Ben cupped both hands at the end of the weapon he had in his hands, his thumb moving to the button that'll turn it on. He could end all of this. He could end it now and get to her and then they could escape.

"Don't move!" One of the Stormtroopers ordered, all of the guards now aiming their blasters at the trio. "Drop your weapons!"

Ben turned around, observing what was going on behind him. 

Six to the left.

Four to the right.

Ben counted the number of Stormtroopers around them as they all started circling in on them at once. Both of Rey's allies or friends or whoever they were still held out their blasters, continuing to aim their weapons at the Stormtroopers in return.

Ben overheard footsteps of Stormtroopers from behind him. They're also closing in on their backs.

Four behind.

"Drop your weapons!" Another Stormtrooper ordered, louder, and more fierce this time.

Finn and Rose exchanged a glanced, wondering if they were both thinking the same thing. They didn't drop their weapons, obviously, not wanting to lose the advantage here. They started turning from each other until they stood back-to back.

Finn took the six on the left while Rose had the four on the left. They both mentally calculated how this would go down for themselves. Both were anticipating to pull the trigger and fire away and get the hell outta there.

Ben decided to turn on his heel, facing back-to-back along with the pair. He faced the four Stormtroopers heading their way and smirked, strategizing how quick and easy it'll be to kill them. To kill all the Stormtroopers in this room. He couldn't say much about the two fake Stormtroopers standing behind him since the pair only had blasters.

Ben slid his thumb over the button on the lightsaber, not waiting another second to press it. And the moment the cross-guard ignited with its cracking lightning and red hue, the Stormtroopers fired their blasters.