Twenty-Five: "I Need You. . ."

Multiple footsteps stomped against the floor, causing loud clangs increasing each step they made towards the four that were currently trying to escape the Star Destroyer

Multiple footsteps stomped against the floor, causing loud clangs increasing each step they made towards the four that were currently trying to escape the Star Destroyer. Finn whipped his head around for a quick second, glancing at the multiple Stormtroopers running down the corridor. They started to fire more and more blasts while he and Rose fired back in return, though they didn't seem to be doing enough damage compared to the many Stormtroopers shooting at them.

Seeing that the blasts were going down the middle, the four of them split a few times to move away from the blasts. They leaned closer to the walls to dodge most of the heavy fire.

Finn glanced back again, shooting a few more times right as he witnessed a blast graze Rose's armor. "They're gaining on us!" he shouted, hoping everyone would pick up the speed despite how fast they're running as it was.

Ben raised the cross-guard in the air, deflecting as many blasts as he could without having to stop running. His other hand grabbed hold of Rey's so he could lead her towards the elevator that was just a few feet up ahead. He sensed that Rey was becoming weaker so he gripped her hand tighter, squeezing it as a way to tell her that they were almost there. And he felt a squeeze in return.

Rey felt herself drifting. Her mind was dazing out from the pain and fatigue spreading throughout her body. It pained her the more energy she used in speed. She knew that Ben must be able to sense that her injuries were slowing her down like dead weight. Even though she continued to try containing the wound with her hand, she knew that wasn't doing much at this point.

Once they both stepped inside the elevator, they turned around the left corner and Ben extended his arm out to keep Rey pressed against the wall. He shielded her from the blasts as he barely leaned around the corner with his lightsaber in hand, deflecting more blasts. He did this, giving Finn and Rose a window to come in, heading directly to the left side of the elevator to block themselves as well.

Both Finn and Rose took a position where she squatted down and he leaned over her to shoot the Stormtroopers from around the corner of the elevator. The empty space of the elevator took most of the heavy fire, the Stormtroopers continuing moving in about to enter the elevator until the doors finally shut.

Rose stood up, taking her finger off the trigger and dropping her gun to the side. Finn did the same, his eyes trailing to the other side of the small space to the injured Rey, seeing how she had gotten worse.

Ben disengaged the lightsaber before he turned around to check on Rey. She had the back of her head pressed against the wall, barely able to lift it as she felt so much weight pushing down on her back and her shoulders. She felt so much tension in her muscles and it was much more pain added that it was driving her crazy like an itch she couldn't scratch.

And of course, Ben sensed the pain that Rey was feeling. He knew it was manifesting. He felt it for a slight moment like a wave that was tossed, evidence that proved it wasn't his own pain. Ben could very well feel the ache in her muscles for himself. He saw her squirming from the discomfort, watching her try to do something about it which put him on edge. He wanted to heal her here and now, but she'd have to wait another moment until they were safe.