Thirty-One: "Don't You Trust Me?"

The next day, Rey decided to spend her afternoon exploring the grounds of the palace

The next day, Rey decided to spend her afternoon exploring the grounds of the palace. Though the desert girl was always pleased to be with him, her companion and equal in the Force, a part of her wishes he'd find something else to do rather than follow her around like a fighter ship to a Star Destroyer.

She tried to bring up his mother and spending time together to make up for loss time, sliding the idea in his head like it was his own. He didn't take the hint, telling her that he spent the morning with her and decided to spend more time with the woman who stole his heart.

And how could Rey say no to that.

She also tried looking for her other friends to invite them along. As far as she knew, Rose and Finn weren't even here, having asked around they mentioned they went flying, which meant piloting Star Fighters for fun. Rey hasn't even seen Poe today and General Organa was busy with the politics going on about creating the New Republic. Rey even considered Chewie or the droids but couldn't find them anywhere.

Well, it's not like Ben made bad company.

But there was the fact that Ben didn't make a very knowledgeable tour guide. Apparently, Rey assumed that Ben knew Naboo was the home planet of his grandmother, he'd have a lot more background knowledge about this planet in particular. Her companion is very wise in some ways which Rey liked the idea to have the opportunity to learn more from him. She did favor the visual method, to watch him, observe him as an opponent. It earned her the opportunity to pick up some strategic moves in combat, which she did get to use when she fought against Snoke's guards.

Rey felt Ben's fingers slide out of hers, causing her to shoot him a side-glance as they walked across the paved side-walk. The same hand snuck up the base of her spine and slithered around her waist, curling her body closer to his. Rey almost jumped. out of her skin from Ben's sudden motions, thinking how this is a very non-Ben thing to do. Not that they've reached this intimate in their relationship for her to determine that.

Thinking about last sentence as a whole made her cheeks blush a deep red like the dust that came out of those rusty, damaged fighter ships her friends used to fight the First Order and the man at her side back on that salt planet.

Rey used her hands to cover her round cheeks, wondering if it was obvious. And if it was, she prayed Ben didn't see it.

Ben's fingers burned at her hip, the feeling not a comforting one as their usual hand-holding or huddling. She enjoyed those simple signs of affection. This one just threw her off completely. Ben wasn't one to do things without her permission, knowing just who he was dealing with. Otherwise, the grip is sensual, but terrifying. She tried to incline her head back, to her somewhat of a look at his face to figure out the reason behind his actions. But the grip tightened, and so did the expression on his face when his eyes finally looked down at her.