Chapter 14

Dani and Shawn came back the next day, loaded down with food and books.  "What did we miss?"  Shawn struggled with an armful of bags.

"Not much, really."  I grabbed some of the bags and took them to the kitchen.  "I spent some time on the treadmill, lifted weights and ate almost everything left in the kitchen."

"Nice!"  He high fived me.

Dani handed me my duffel bag.  "I put a bunch of clothes and your school books in here.  It's pretty heavy."

"It's okay."  I took it with ease.  "I'm still on my Super Woman kick.  I spent quite a while in the gym yesterday."

Dani laughed, and followed me upstairs.  "I put your phone charger in there. I know you want to call your parents."

"Yah," I sighed.  "I'd better do that."  I pulled out the charger and plugged my phone in.

I unpacked the rest of my stuff and threw my books on the bed. 

"So," Dani cleared her throat.  "I saw Anya."

I looked up sharply.  "What did she say?"

"She asked when your funeral was.  I told her that you were hurt really bad and had to have surgery.  She seemed upset that you weren't dead, but I think she bought it."

I rolled my eyes, feeling the angry burning flow through my body.  "I'm so not done with that bitch.  I owe her the ass whooping of a life time.  I wish I could see her right now, while I'm all super powered."

Dani sighed.  "I know.  We'll figure out how to handle her."

"Handle who?"  Dustin walked into the room.

"Anya," Dani replied.  "I saw her yesterday, and told her that Katie wasn't dead, but that she had major surgery.  I'm pretty sure she believed me."

Dustin's eyes flashed, angrily.  "We need to figure out what to do about her when we get back.  You know she won't stop until she gets what she wants.  And right now, she wants Katie dead."

"Maybe we can get her crest removed," Dani mused.  "She did violate the rules."

"Yah, but so did we," Dustin reminded her.

"True..." she trailed off.

"We still have some time to figure it out," I told them both.  "I'm sure if we all put our heads together, we can come up with something." I couldn't help remembering the feel of my fists hitting her face.  I would get revenge on her, one way or the other.

"Well, I'm going to head downstairs and start dinner.  Brandy and Brian are coming over tonight.  They said they had something they needed to talk to us about."

I stiffened.  "They do not like me."

Dani shook her head.  "I don't think it's about us."

Dustin raised an eyebrow.  "That can't be good."

"You guys go ahead.  I'm gonna call my parents."  I kissed Dustin's cheek and reached for my phone.

"Good luck."  He headed out the door with Dani.

I flopped on my bed and unlocked my phone.  It rang three times before my mom picked up.

"Katie!  I was starting to worry!"  She sounded out of breath.  "Is everything okay?"

I paused for a moment, considering my options.  Sure mom.  But hey, guess what?  My new roommate is a vampire, and I'm in love with her vampire brother.  He brought me back to life with his vampire blood after a vampire bitch tried to kill me.  Oh, yah, and now I have vampire hearing and vampire strength!  Vampire, vampire, vampire!  I decided that was probably not the best way to go.