Chapter 36

"Focus." I heard Savannah's voice behind me. "See it moving."

I steadied my gaze and watched as the vase floated into the air, about a foot above the table.

"Now let it down gently."

I slowly lowered the vase back to its original spot. "Ha! I did it!" I looked at Dustin, triumphantly.

He smiled, approvingly. "I can't believe you have learned so much in such a short time. What's next?" He questioned Savannah.

"I think we should try mind control. We won't know what else she's proficient in until we attempt it. Dustin, you can probably help with this one, since you are trained in mind manipulation."

He nodded. "Anything I can do to help."

Dustin had been home for two days, and it was the first time he had seen all the progress I had made while he was gone. I had pretty much conquered elemental manipulation, and with my focus back on my studies and not my broken heart, I was making even faster progress on telekinesis.

Savannah turned to me. "Mind manipulation is all about energy projection. The key is to link your mind with theirs, by linking your eyes, and looking into their mind. Mind reading, and mind manipulation go hand in hand. You need to access their core mental images, and be able to imprint on them to create the new reality you want them to have."

My jaw dropped. "I didn't understand any of that."

Savannah looked at Dustin, helplessly. "Would you like to take a stab at it?"

"Okay, Katie, do you remember during the storm at school when you had that vision of Dani and the guy yelling at her? Remember how you projected the images to me? That's essentially what you are doing when you imprint on someone's conscience. But instead of sending images, you are sending commands."

I nodded, slowly. "Okay, so I project a command. How am I going to test this? Don't you guys have some sort of Supernatural block?"

"Unfortunately, no." Dustin replied. "Most Supernaturals are susceptible to mind control, but I believe that Magic Casters can resist most forms of mental manipulation." He looked at Savannah for confirmation, and she nodded. "You can practice on me. I trust you."

I glanced at Savannah nervously. "I'm not sure I want to scramble my fiancés mind."

"There isn't any long-term damage if you use short term imprints. When Kaitlyn commanded you to sleep, it wore off in a few hours. If you need to completely alter someone's memories, to protect them, the projection must be very advanced. We will start with short term and work from there. Dustin?"

He stood up and faced me. "Why don't you try to put me to sleep? I'll sit on the couch, so I don't get hurt if you are successful." He took my hand and led me towards the couch. "Now, look in my eyes."

I sat beside him on the couch and linked my eyes with his. I imagined him sleeping, his beautiful face in peaceful rest. "Sleep." I whispered.

He didn't move. "You need to push the energy into my mind. Force the image."

I took a deep breath and looked in his eyes. I felt the power of my mind conjure the image of him sleeping. "Sleep." I repeated.

His eyes instantly closed, and he slouched back onto the couch.

"Oh, my God." I jumped up.

"Relax, Katie, that's what we wanted. He won't be out very long, since your energy projection is still weak. Practice will increase the length of the effects." Savannah put her hand on my shoulder. "This is cause for celebration. You are making remarkable progress."