Chapter 24

A/N-A big, love filled shout out to @rainbowalaska, the real life inspiration for Savannah. Thank you for reading. Luv, luv, luv you!!

 Luv, luv, luv you!!

"Her directions say to take the next right." Dustin was reading the map while Brian drove his rental car along the highway. "Should be about a mile up ahead."

"Are you sure? I thought it was a left." Brian tried to look at the map and the road at the same time.

"I'm looking right at it." Dustin shot him an irritated glance.

I was sitting in the backseat, listening to them argue like two little boys. We were on our way to see Savannah. Her house was on the outskirts of New Orleans, in a deeply wooded and well-hidden area.

"I thought you guys had been to her place before." I glanced from one to the other.

"Yah, she has a few houses. The last time I visited her, she was up near Shreveport. That was when I had her make your necklace." Dustin looked back at the map. "According to this, we should be turning any minute."

"What necklace?" Brian asked, as he eased the car off the highway and on to a dirt road.

"I had Savannah make Katie a Crest necklace."

"You what?!" Brian looked at him, shocked.

"I didn't want her to have to face Anya without a little help, so I had Savannah infuse a necklace with some strength enhancers. That was before I found out Katie could just mind throw a desk at her."

"Hey!" I frowned. "I still don't know how to do that."

"Yet." Dustin winked at me.

Brian shook his head and fixed his stare on the road in front of him. "I swear, you just can't seem to stop breaking rules, can you?"

"My necklace is a broken rule?" I ran my fingers over the charm hanging from the chain.

"Kinda." Dustin shrugged. "But I already broke the biggest rule, so you know, what's one more little one?"

"I'm surprised Savannah would do that. Of course, she's always had a soft spot for you and your puppy dog eyes." Brian slowed the car as the road became rougher.

I narrowed my eyes. Did this Magic Caster have a thing for my boyfriend? I wondered if she was prettier than me.

Dustin laughed out loud. "No, she doesn't have a thing for me, and no she's not prettier than you."