Chapter 25

"She sparked out. It happens when you expel that amount of energy without control. Dustin, you need to help her recharge. Try to block her from your mind, though, so we don't have a repeat vision before she's ready." Savannah's soft voice wove its way into my head.

I felt Dustin take my hand and bring it to his cheek. A moment later my body was flooded with his warm energy. I slowly sat up and looked around. I was lying in a huge bed, propped up by pillows. Brian and Savannah looked on as Dustin brought his hand to my cheek, and the energy doubled in my system. I could feel my strength returning.

"That's enough, Dustin. You don't want to overload her." Savannah instructed.

He moved his hand from my cheek and replaced mine at my side. "How do you feel?" He looked concerned.

"Better." I replied, embarrassed. "I'm really sorry."

"Don't apologize." He caressed me with his eyes. "I'm the one who should be sorry. None of this is your fault." He looked contrite.

"You guys!" Savannah moved to stand closer to the bed. "The first thing you have to do is stop looking at this like it's a curse. It's positively amazing. Katie, you have some fantastic gifts, and once you learn how to control them, you will be an unstoppable force. There is no going back, so you must start looking at this as a blessing. Without Dustin's interference, you wouldn't even be alive. But you got another shot at life, and I guarantee you, it's going to be quite a life!" I looked up to see her Aura buzzing a brilliant white.

"I have no idea how I am going to control these things. Brian said it's out of his league, and I don't think a Google search is going to yield any Supernatural training schools." I swung my legs over the side of the bed. "Can we just go?" I was still embarrassed over destroying Savannah's beautiful vase collection.

"Actually Katie," Dustin began. "I think we should stay here for a little while. That way Savannah can give you some training on how to live with your new abilities. She feels confident that with a little practice you will be able to function normally, while keeping your powers in check."

I felt my heart rate rise. "What do you mean? I have classes and I need to get back to SLU." Here we go again. It was looking more and more like I was going to fail my first semester of classes.

"I'm not sure you should be around other people while your abilities are this new. Now that you are Linked to Dustin, you will have to start living according to the rules of mainstreaming, just as he does. The fact that you can't control the visions, and subsequently can't control the accompanying telekinesis, puts you at risk for being discovered by others who may want to hurt you or the ones you love." She gazed pointedly at Dustin.

I looked at him, helplessly. This was not what I had signed up for. Of course, if I had my way I'd still be normal Katie, not hybrid vampire super human Katie. "I'm scared."

"I know." He pulled me into his embrace. "But I'll be here with you the whole time. Savannah is the only one we can trust to help us, and the only one knowledgeable enough to train you in the multiple areas you have exhibited. Going back to SLU with you like this isn't an option. Someone will find out, and it will affect us all. I think once you can control everything that's happening to you, you will feel a lot better."

Savannah watched us, her bright Aura alternately waxing and waning. "Katie, if you give me the chance, I promise to show you how to own your new life. With the proper training, you can control your new gifts, and with control comes strength. I know you have only just met me, but I would never put you in harm's way, and with you being Linked to one of my Line, it is my sworn duty to assist you in whatever manner possible."

It was so strange to hear such eloquent verbal skills from someone who looked no older than thirteen. I stared into her pale eyes, wondering why, if she was over two hundred years old, did she still look like a child.

She smiled and locked her eyes on mine. "We have plenty of time to get to know each other. I promise to answer whatever questions you have, in due time." It felt weird to have someone other than Dustin in my head.

I broke her stare and sought out his comforting face. "Okay." I relented. "I'll stay here and work with Savannah, if you think it's the best idea."

He nodded, and glanced at Brian. "I'll head back to town and get our stuff and my car. We can have Dani bring more of your things from campus if you need them. Can you stay here with Savannah? I won't be longer than a few hours."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I guess."

He kissed me softly. "I love you."

"I love you too."

I caught Savannah staring at us, her face a mixture of excitement and envy. "There really is nothing more beautiful than two people in love." She sighed like a little girl watching a romantic movie.

"Dustin, we need to head out." Brian's voice broke the silence. "I'll meet you downstairs. I need to talk to Katie alone for a moment."

Dustin looked up sharply. "What do you need to say to her that I can't hear?"

"It's not like that." Brian argued. "Stop being so jealous."

Dustin gave me one last look, followed by a quick kiss. "I'll be back as soon as I can." He disappeared out the door with Savannah.

"I just want you to know that I understand your nervousness, but we all have to work together to get you back on track. There's a lot I still don't understand about your condition, but I am always available if you need to talk. I trust Savannah implicitly, but if something feels off, I want you to call me. I'm going to keep searching for answers to your situation, and I'll let you know if I find anything out." He gave me a quick hug and headed out the door, leaving me alone in the big bedroom.

I gazed around, taking in the classic style of the room. In addition to the big bed, there was a cherry wood armoire, a desk next to the wall, and a flower decorated chaise by the window. I felt like I was an extra in Gone with the Wind, surrounded by the walls of the great plantation, Tara. Any moment Rhett Butler would walk in the room and tell me he didn't give a damn. I would be inclined to agree with him.

"This house was actually around when that movie was supposed to have taken place." A voice behind me startled me out of my thoughts.

I spun around to find Kaitlyn standing in the doorway. "How did you...?" I began, narrowing my eyes.

"I'm a telepath." She said, matter of fact. "Sorry, I should have probably asked before I read your thoughts. We don't get very many visitors, so my manners are a little out of practice."

She was classically beautiful, and the red embarrassed blush staining her cheeks only enhanced her perfect features. She stood taller than me, probably at least six feet, and her body was statuesque, like a Supernatural Marilyn Monroe. "It's okay." I tried to dismiss the uncomfortable silence that had settled over the room.

"Savannah asked me to bring you downstairs. Lunch is being served in the parlor."

Author's Note: Guess it's time for a little girl talk

Author's Note: Guess it's time for a little girl talk. Do you think Savannah and Kaitlyn can ease Katie's nervousness?  Vote and comment below!! Luvs as always!! AM💜