Chapter 39

I heard commotion behind me, and Dustin and I followed the noise into the dining room.  "Oh, my god," I breathed.

The room was packed with people, and every single one had a glowing Aura.  There were brown, green, yellow, rainbow and white.  I drew in a deep breath and entered the room with Dustin.  The Auras didn't bother me anymore, but it was still a shock to see a whole room filled with glowing people.

"Dustin!"  George and Cindy rushed up to us.  "Where have you been, man?"  Cindy and I hugged while the guys did the manly handshake thing.

"It's a long story.  I'll tell you all about it when things aren't so crazy."  Dustin reached for my hand.  "So, what do you know?"

George's eyes darkened, and he glanced at Cindy.  She shook her head, as tears filled her eyes.  "It's okay, baby."  He pulled her close and smoothed down her beautiful long red hair.  "Your dorm room was trashed, man."  He looked at Dustin.  "There was a lot of blood."  He stopped and swallowed hard.  "Shawn was supposed to meet us at the Student Union, but he was late.  I called a few times, and when he didn't answer, we went to check on him.  It looked bad, really bad."

Dustin's hand tightened around mine.  "How long has it been?"

"I talked to him that morning, so it had to have happened that afternoon.  We were supposed to meet around 6. It's been almost 24 hours now, and no word.  No ransom request, nothing."  George looked around.  "I can't believe this is happening again.  It's been exactly a year to the day that they took Dani.  I'm sure they are trying to send a message, but all I can do is think of what I'm going to do when I get my hands on them."  His deep green eyes flashed angrily.

Cindy wrapped her arms around him and leaned her head on his shoulder.  "We will find him, and then there will be hell to pay." I could see the intensity of her feelings emanating from her in green waves.

"Everyone, may I have your attention please?"  Savannah's voice rang out over the conversations in the massive dining area.  A moment later, the room was silent.  "Thank you for coming so quickly.  We have a lot to talk about, so can I please have the faction heads join me at the table."

I looked at Dustin, confused.  He leaned over and kissed me.  "Can you go check on Dani for me?  This is going to take a while."  George and Jeremy flanked Dustin as he headed towards the table.

I met Cindy's eyes.  "Faction heads?"

"Each Supernatural group on campus has a leader.  That person makes decisions to ensure that things run smoothly, and the groups coexist peacefully. Dustin is the faction leader of the Eternals.  Each leader has two people who back them up.  Usually, Shawn and Jeremy accompany Dustin, but George will sit in Shawn's place tonight."

I watched as groups of three moved to take their places, each group representing their Aura colors.  Once everyone was settled, Savannah began.  "Don Vittorio, thank you for being here to represent the werewolves.  We hope we can count on your assistance in this trying time."

"Our forces are at your service."  Don Vittorio stood.  "We have no patience for this unruly group of Shadowfalls.  Shawn is a respected friend, and we will give our strength and resources to his rescue efforts."

She turned to the yellow ringed werecats, as I recognized the female sitting between two men.  It was Mia, the girl from my Art History class.  She stood up and addressed the room.  "We have had an alliance with the Eternals that has spanned many centuries, and it is the consensus of our people that we shall help in whatever manner necessary to ensure the safe return of Shawn Douglas, and the swift termination of his captors."