Chapter 2

Mari's Pov

     When we got to the pack house, it was like five times the size of my old one. As we walked in I looked around, daydreaming about the adventures I might have here.

     "Mari, Mari, MARI!" Tony said waking me from my daydream.

     "Yes? Sorry Alpha Tony," I responded while I bowed my head in respect.

     "No, it's fine. No need to bow, and you can just call me Tony," he replied nicely.

     "Thank you, Tony," I said the last part with a smile.

     "No problem, let's got to your room," he said as he took me up two flights of stairs.

     "What happened to the other two werewolves that were there in the forest?" I asked politely.

     "Oh yeah, um my beta and third in command. Christian is my third-in-command and Dominic is my beta, they went back to school," he replied.

     "Oh. Do they have mates?" I questioned.

     "Yes, um Christian's mate is Natalie, and Dominic's is Kelzzy." he answered.

     "Ok, cool" I whispered to myself. I then looked up and saw we were at the door to my room. As Tony opened it, my mouth gaped. It was huge! The room was decorated with the colors of baby blue, white, midnight blue, and silver. There was a queen sized bed in the middle, doors leading to the huge balcony, and a single door leading to the bathroom, and double doors leading to the closet. I checked out all of them running around the room, until I heard a soft chuckle behind me.

     "So I have a feeling you like your room," he said while still chuckling to himself.

     "No, I don't like it, I LOVE IT!!!!!" I screamed as I ran over to him, and squeezed the living daylights out of him.

     "Wow, for a skinny girl like you, you're really strong. Yup, you're really pretty- I mean pretty strong. Yup, pretty strong." as he blabbered.

     "What do you mean skinny? I am fat, don't you remember the story? That's one reason he rejected me," I replied feeling tears sting my eyes, and ignoring his mess-up.

     "No, no don't cry. It's just you might have ran so much you lost weight." he whispered to me. I don't know why but whenever I am around him he makes me feel better and safe.

     "Here go check in the mirror," he whispered a bit louder. I went towards the mirror to check, and he was right. I was very skinny.

     "Mari, I need to tell you something," he said, he then sat on the bed and patted a space right next to him. I went over and sat down.

     "What is it, Tony?" I responded.

     "Well Mari, you might be my second mate," he whispered, but I heard him.

     "What??" I asked.

     "Well you see my last mate died of cancer, and sometimes, if the Moon Goddess has enough pity for you, you can have a second mate," he answered. It seemed that he might've been lying about the first part, but I'm not one to question death.

     "I am telling you now cause I wasn't a hundred percent sure you were my second mate, but I am now. Mari are you going to reject me?" he asked with sadness in his voice and eyes.

    "No, no of course not," I cooed as I gave him a hug.

     "Thank you Mari," he replied quietly. I then noticed it was ten pm.

     "Here I'll let you be," he said as he got up.

     "No, please stay with me?" I pleaded.

     "Fine," he chuckled. I went into my huge closet and changed in there. When I got out, Tony was only in his boxers, sitting criss-cross apple sauce on my bed.

     "Finally, you took forever," he said.

     "Whatever, let's go to bed," I responded as I climbed into bed. When I got in I felt a big heavy arm around my waist.

     "Good night Tony," I whispered kind of. But he was already asleep. I then fell into the world of dreams.