Chapter 18

Mari's Pov

"Love, is that you?" I asked behind teary eyes, "I thought you were dead." Love started, "I know especially after the thing, but Tony's father found me and brought me to the Blood Moon Pack." she recalled with a faraway look and a small smile. "But, I've been here for who knows how long, and how come I finally met you?" "Oh, I just came back fro-" was all that Love could get out before Kelzzy interrupted her, "You guys know each OTHER?!?" Love and I nodded waiting for their responses. "But how, I m-m-mean...." was all Tony could say still stunned that we fudging knew EACH OTHER! We walked into the pack house and up into Tony and I's room where we all sat in a little circle including Love. "Okay, where do I start?" I asked myself out loud, "Okay I got it: Love and I are cousins. We were the best of friends until we had turned 13. The night of our birthday party (we had a joint party), a few rogues had come uninvited. Again we were only 13 at the time so the only thing we could think of doing was to run. We ran and ran, never looking back. We ran all the way to the pack house thinking we would be safe. Before we even got a chance to get in, a rogue picked me and Love up. We struggled and struggled, his grip losing its tightness each time. Lucky for me, he tripped over a rock and lost his grip on me. But his grip on Love was still too tight. I tried to run after him, but I had hit my head and the world was getting really dizzy. After that, I never saw Love again. Up until now of course." I looked up and saw Christian, Natalie, and Kelzzy had teary eyes. "Oh Mari," Kelzzy said as she and Natalie embraced. "Love, what happened to you after he let go of me?" I asked. "Well he ran and ran until he came upon the Blood Moon territory. Of course, he was so busy trying to run so fast, he didn't realise he was on the territory at the moment. Oh, but the moment he saw Alpha Bryson (Tony's father), he realised he was in deep shit. Alpha Bryson forced him to release me, and after that, I joined the Blood Moon Pack. Also, if you're still wondering why you haven't seen me until now. I was in Italy and came back at the last moment to come help the Light Wood Pack, hoping to see you," Love finished as she took my hand in hers and gave me a hug. "Wow," was the only thing the boys could say because they were stunned. "But wait a minute, what do you mean you have been with the Blood Moon Pack for who knows how long? Aren't you still supposed to be in the Light Wood Pack?" Love asked, just know remembering what I said earlier. "Well, you see....." I then explained to Love everything that happened to me. From getting rejected by Benny to finding out I was Tony's second mate to the prank we pulled on Emma. "Man, I still can't believe Tony's first mate died of cancer. I feel so bad," I said recalling what Tony had said to me when he first told me I was his mate. "What do you mean his mate died of cancer? His mate is that bitch Em-" Natalie started but ended when Tony gave off a low but menacing growl. "Tony? What is she talking about?" I asked feeling a little piece of my heart breaking because I now realised why she had been all over him. He stood up and walked across the room to the couch and sat down. "Mari, you might wanna sit up here for this," Tony said patting the couch. I got up and walked over to the couch, my eyes about to overflow because I know anything Tony is about to say to me will be bad. "Emma was my first mate," Tony started off taking a deep breath, "I came to the Light Wood Pack everyday to check if she had changed her mind about not being my mate, she never did.Finally, when she had the guts to, Emma rejected me." "Okay, but why did you tell me your mate died of cancer?" I asked fearing what he was about to say. "Mari, listen to this carefully okay? I didn't trust you at first," I gasped feeling my heart break a little more, "so I told you a fake story." I couldn't process everything he just said to me about how Emma was his mate to how he didn't trust me at first. My heart just felt like breaking into a million pieces. I ran out the room, tears streaming down my face, ignoring their pleads to come back. Ignoring Tony's plead.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated since forever (it seriously felt like it), please don't hate me. I will try my very best to update tomorrow, and you guys are the best. Please enjoy! Also, dedicated to my fave cuz on Wattpad: iloveanime123! Miss you cuz! Miss you too Kelz and Natalie!