C h a p t e r 3

"You ready ?", Harry asked Hermione.

She nodded her head and held his hand. Together they both entered the penseive and landed in Malfoy Manor.

Hermione shivered. This was the place she knew. Not where she went yesterday. Harry held her close and squeezed her hand. She looked at him with grateful eyes. Just then, they heard a crash. The memory Narcissa picked up pace and so did Harry and Hermione. They reached what looked like a dining room and noticed blood on the floor. Narcissa gasped and stepped inside. " Draco!", she yelled and reached for him. He was lying face down on the cold marble floor with a pool of blood surrounding him. " Draco!", she panted and pulled his head in her lap.

Hermione noticed someone at the corner of the room and her breathing shallowed when she realised who it was. Voldermort.

Harry gulped and they both stepped forward to get a better view.

"Poor poor Draco. Didn't deserve this now, did he ?", a cold voice hissed.

Harry and Hermione, along with Narcissa, visibly flinched.

" Too bad Narcissa. He is a waste. He doesn't deserve to be a Malfoy. ", Voldermort snarled.

Narcissa's eyes popped out of their sockets but she remained calm. She knew better than to speak up to Voldermort.

" What did he do now ?", she asked with such defiance that Hermione was struck.

" Ask him.", Voldermort spat.

Narcissa turned to Draco and cradled his head in her hands. She took her wand and began healing him. Voldermort sneered at her one last time before leaving the room brushing past Harry and Hermione. They both paled.

" Renervate", they heard.

Draco gasped and grunted.

" It's alright. You don't have to get up. ", Narcissa told him with tears in her eyes.

Hermione and Harry moved forward and saw the tear streaks down Draco's face. " I'm sorry.", he hiccupped.

" What for ?", Narcissa sniffed.

" For being your son.", he broke into sobs.

Narcissa held him closer. " Dont. Don't you ever say that again. ", she wiped his face.

Just then the scene changed and they landed in a bedroom. Draco's bedroom.

Hermione watched as Draco turned to greet his mother. He kissed her cheek and grinned.

" Why is my son so happy today ?", Narcissa asked lightly.

" Because today is the happiest day of my life.", he was unable to control his smile.

" And why is that ?"

" Astoria is pregnant!", he yelled and hugged her.

" Wh- what ?", Narcissa stuttered.

" O my God Draco this is such good news! We should throw her a party!"

"No mother. I don't want word getting out."

"As you wish. I'm very happy for you both.", she kissed his forehead.

" I am too.", he smiled.

The scene changed again and they were back in the dining room.

"Such a happy day for young Malfoy.", Voldermort snarled.

Hermione watched as Draco and Narcissa, both paled.

Draco cleared his throat. " What do you mean, My Lord?"

Voldermort snapped his fingers and a house elf appeared with Astoria. She was bound and was crying. Draco turned red with rage . " Leaver her alone!" He yelled.

"Oh no Draco. I don't think I will."

"What do you want ?", Draco seethed.
Narcissa grabbed his arm to keep him from advancing on the Dark Lord.

" I've sensed that your loyalties have changed. You don't seem to mind blood status now, Draco why ?", Voldermort spat.

Draco visibly paled. " Leave her alone. Punish me all you want, but leave her alone."

"I didn't bring her here to leave her alone. You see you're going to have to prove that your loyalties still lie with me or else I'll put an end to the Malfoys.", Voldermort smiled cruelly.

" How do I prove my loyalty? ", Draco asked shakily. He knew what was coming. He couldn't. No.

" Kill her or the baby growing inside her.", he ordered.

Narcissa gasped. " You can't-", but Lucius silenced her with his wand and glared at her.

" I won't. ", Draco swallowed.

" Then I will.", Voldermort raised his wand.

" No! Fine. Fine!", he yelled.

Voldermort smiled. " Go ahead."

Draco's hand trembled as he raised his wand. Sob after sob tried to escape his lips but he held them in. He wouldn't give them the satisfaction. He wouldn't show his weakness. He tried to swallow the lump in his throat but it was stuck. He inhaled sharply and pointed his wand at her. But before he could do anything, she doubled over in pain and clutched her stomach. His eyes widened as blood gushed out of her pants. And soon she was surrounded by a puddle of blood. Her own blood.

She had had a miscarriage.

Draco cursed loudly and yelled in rage. And the first spell that escaped his lips was, " Avada Kedavra  "

Hermione's eyes widened as she watched the still form of Rodolphus Lestrange fall on the floor. Harry gulped and held her hand, and they both landed in Harry's bedroom in the present.

"Well that was intense.", Hermione broke the silence.

Harry nodded, his eyes unfocused.

" What do we do now, Harry ? Surely Narcissa hasn't modified her memories. ", she said uncertainly.

" Definitely not. I can tell when a memory isn't real.", he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"So what does it mean ?"

"I don't know. I mean now we know that it was Draco who killed Rodolphus, but nobody else knows this. Mrs. Malfoy trusted us with this memory. "

"Yeah. The charges against him didn't include murder.", she said.

"I wonder why", Harry sighed and dropped on the bed.

"What do we do now, Harry ? I mean we possibly can't leave him free considering that he really did murder."

"You're right. We can't leave him free. But I can't leave him in Azkaban now. I'm going to be a father, Mione and I can only imagine what he had to go through. ", he ran a hand through his hair.

"How will we prove him innocent ?", she asked as she sat down next to him.

" I'll fight for him.", he replied before the door opened and Ginny entered.

" How was it ?", she asked.

" Come here.", Harry's voice broke as he whispered.

Hermione got up and kissed Harry on the cheek and hugged Ginny,  before leaving to give them privacy. Sometimes she really did miss having a significant other. She wiped her eyes and apparated home.

A Story Of Love | Dramione ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara