C h a p t e r 17

"Ms. Granger"

Hermione and Draco, both paused mid stride, and turned to look at the man behind them.

It was the brown haired man from a few weeks earlier, Draco noticed.

" Yes Mr. Roberts "

The man looked at Draco and swallowed sharply, avoiding her eyes.

" I.....Would you like to have dinner with me some time? ", he blurted out.

Draco's brows rose as high as they could, and Hermione's eyes widened a bit.

" I mean as friends.. no I mean... as colleagues....Wait, no....as boss and employ? ", he finished lamely.

Hermione found it intriguing.

Draco found it disgusting.

The man began to look uncomfortable, and so Draco decided to play his part.

"The lady clearly doesn-"

But, Hermione cut him off.

" I'd love to, Mr. Roberts "

His jaw clenched shut, and he looked away.

Lankort's eyes lit up. " Thank you, Ms. Granger. I'll pick you up at 7."

Hermione laughed lightly, albeit nervously. " Call me Hermione. ", she told him with a smile.

Draco's throat bobbed up and down as he swallowed.

"Let's go, Malfoy.", Hermione snapped her fingers in front of his face.

He began to walk, his eyes unfocused. Did she really just agreed to go on a date? And even if she did, why did it matter so much to him?

Draco Malfoy knew the answer, but he was not ready to admit it just yet.

Later that evening, at around 5 pm, Hermione paced in front of her fireplace. What had she gotten herself into? Why did she say yes to a complete stranger?

Because you want to jealous Draco Malfoy.

No, no way. That is not possible.

Come on, Hermione. Even you know it's true.

No!

Oh Godric, help her! Because it was true.

She kneeled down on all fours, and tossed some floo powder in the fireplace before sticking her face in.

" Hermione! How are you? ", Ginny appeared after a few moments.

" I need help, Gin. "

"What did you do now?" Ginny raised an eyebrow.

"I may have agreed to go on a date with someone. "

Ginny gasped. " Malfoy asked you?", she screeched.

" Merlin! Calm down, Ginny. And no, it's not Malfoy. It's someone from work."

"From work? Who?"

"Some Roberts."

Ginny's face scrunched up.

" Who dat, Mione? "

" I don't know. " Hermione bit her lip.

" Oh boy.", Ginny smacked her forehead " don't tell me you did this to jealous Malfoy."

Hermione bit her lip harder, and Ginny got her reply.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Draco locked himself up in the room, not wanting to see her all dressed up for a man. But fate had its way,