C h a p t e r 23

Hermione woke up to the smell of burning toast. She rubbed her eyes to rid them of the sleep, and walked out of her room. Glancing around, she found Draco Malfoy in the kitchen. She shook her head and went to the bathroom, a tiny smile playing at her lips. She loved seeing him work.

After freshening up, she found Draco waiting for her outside her bedroom door. " Yes?" She asked.

" I made breakfast" he held up the tray.

" Burnt toasts ?" She asked him with a tiny smirk, her hands on her hips.

" I like burnt toast, Granger. Yours aren't burnt"

Hermione took the tray from him. " Thank you"

She was about to go inside her room when Draco called her.

" Yes?"

" I shouldn't have snapped at you "

Hermione tried to hide her smirk.
" Are you apologising, Malfoy ?"

Draco smirked. " In your dreams, Granger. I just think I shouldn't have yelled at you. "

Hermione rolled her eyes at him.

" Whatever, Malfoy"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Harry!" Ginny yelled as she ran throughout the house, looking for her husband.

" Merlin's beard! Ginerva Potter, you are not supposed to be running!" Harry yelled back as he appeared at the end of the hall.

" Harry! He...he" Ginny panted.

Harry caught her in his arms and guided her towards the study.

" Sit down, Gin " Harry helped her onto the chair.

" And now tell me what happened? "

Ginny gave him the widest and brightest of smiles. "James Potter just kicked! Harry,  I felt him! His tiny toes...on my belly....In my belly..." she felt a tear roll down her face.

Harry pressed his face into her belly, trying to muffle the helpless sob that threatened to escape him.

His Child.
Their child.
Real.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hermione was making dinner when an owl arrived at her window.

" Hello little fella" she greeted it.

The owl hooted in response and lifted it's leg up. Hermione untied the letter and gave it a treat before shutting the window and walking towards the lounge.

Draco was watching Scooby Doo on the Teely fision. Hermione grinned at him before plopping down on the couch beside him.

She unrolled the paper and found that it was the Prophet. The headline read:

Lady Malfoy attacked.

She froze.

Narcissa Malfoy was found unconcious in Malfoy Manor earlier today. Her injured body was found in the shed where, luckily, the young Malfoy's personal elf lived. The elf reported that the wards were not breeched, so the attack was launched by someone who had legal access to the Manor.

No other personels were available to comment. She has been admitted to St. Mungos, but contact details have been kept confidential due to security reasons.