C h a p t e r 24

Draco woke up to the sound of chirping birds. Opening his eyes, he squinted to adjust to the bright sunlight entering through the open window. He looked down and found Hermione sleeping peacefully in his arms. A smile graced his elegant features as he took in the sight of her. Beautiful.

Merlin! how had he never realised it before?

And last night......He hoped she wouldn't freak out.

" Are you done staring at me, Malfoy?" He heard her mumble.

Draco gave her a throaty chuckle. "Not yet" he replied.

Hermione lifted her head from his chest and smiled lazily at him. " Sleep well?"

"Better than I've in days" he admitted. " I want to see my mother....If you're available, of course."

" Of course I am, Draco! We'll go after breakfast" she told him before climbing out of bed and walking towards the bathroom.

Draco.

He felt himself grinning.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

They arrived at St. Mungos at 2 pm. The receptionist greeted Hermione and eyed Draco varily.

"We're here to see Mrs. Malfoy"

"Oh but Ms. Granger, she is not allowed any visitors. "

"I'm her son, you dolt woman! Not a visitor" Draco snarled at her.

Hermione grabbed his arm and glared at him.

"Contact Harry. I'm sure he'll have no problem with us meeting Mrs. Malfoy"

"Okay" the girl said before glaring at Draco and walking away.

She came back after ten minutes, a scowl marring her face.

" He said you could meet her" she informed them.

Draco smirked at her and sauntered towards the door, leaving Hermione behind to shake her head.

However, Draco's confidence soon faded when they reached the door.

" Go on" Hermione encouraged.

Draco looked at her and swallowed.

Inhaling deeply, he pushed the door open. The sight that greeted him was not what he had expected.

His arm shot out in front of Hermione, as if protecting her from the curly haired witch in front of him.

Hermione reached up and grabbed his arm, lowering it.

" Draco. That's not..... It isn't...she's Dromeda"

Draco looked at her with hooded eyes and then back to the woman.

"I'm Andromeda Tonks" the woman stood up and introduced herself.

Draco swallowed and shook her offered hand. " I apologise,  but the resemblance is uncanny. "

"It's quite alright" she assured him with a tiny smile.

" How are you, Hermione dear?" She then proceeded to hug Hermione.

Draco looked in front of him and found his mother on the bed. She was as pale as the sheets and still unconcious.

" How is she?" Hermione asked Andromeda and pointed towards the bed.

"She's a lot better now. Woke up screaming in the morning. She has no recollection of how she ended up here. " She sighed.