C h a p t e r 5

Hermione held her chin up in the air as she walked towards her house with Draco Malfoy in tow. She searched through her bag for her keys and Malfoy growled impatiently. She turned to glare at him and then huffed. Accio keys, she whispered and  the keys shot into her hand. She smiled triumphantly and unlocked the door. She pushed it open and motioned Malfoy inside.

The size of the house was not what Draco had expected from the Minister. It was an average sized house with a single story and a garden. The first thing that he saw upon entering was a foyer. The tiles were made up of marble and fancy lights hung from the ceiling. She turned right and he followed her into a dining room with an attached kitchen.

She showed him around the kitchen and entered another room which was a lounge with a large black cardboard right in the middle of the table and two funny long black boxes on either side of it. There was a seven seater sofa with lots of quilts and the walls were turned into bookshelves and not even a single shelf was empty.

She turned around and then walked straight through the foyer and into a hall. The hall was huge and decorated elegantly, the ceiling bewitched to look like the night sky. There were three doors in front of them and after what seemed like an eternity, she spoke.

" This one here is my bedroom which is out of bounds for you."

He rolled his eyes at her.

" And this", she pointed at the middle one. " is the bathroom."

"And finally your bedroom.", she threw the door open and motioned him with her hand. He began to walk when he heard her speak again.

" Do not feel at home, Malfoy. "

Draco bit his tongue and slammed the door shut. He glanced around the room and inhaled deeply. The house smelled like a home. This scent was unique. Gardenia; He recognised. The room was large enough for him and there was a balcony as well. He threw the windows open and inhaled the fresh air.

There was a master bed in the middle of the room with two nightstands beside it. There was a dresser, a bookshelf, and a closet. He went over to the closet and opened it. He was surprised to find a T shirt and a pair of trousers along with what looked like women's clothes. He grabbed the shirt and trousers and headed straight towards the bathroom.

It was finally time for a shower.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

" Malfoy! " knock knock knock.

" Malfoy!!", she yelled again.

Nothing.

" MALF-", the door was thrown open and there stood Draco Malfoy in nothing but a towel around his waist. His hair wet and sticking to his forehead and his face flushed due to the steam of the hot water.

"Fucking hell. ", he grumbled and pushed past her into his bedroom, slamming the door shut.

Hermione pinched the bridge of her nose and dug her palms in her eyes ro stop her from crying out loud.

But she did anyway.

" Malfoy! You ungrateful prat!", she yelled and banged on his door.

" You don't just get to walk away from me! If it weren't for me, then you wouldn't even be enjoying yourself! Be grateful, you git!", she kept yelling and banging on his door.

Draco opened the door and stepped outside. Hermione squealed in surprise before taking a step back, but he was quick and he grabbed her shoulders in a death grip and stared coldly at her. She gulped.

" I didn't fucking ask you to save my life. ", he seethed, the vein on his forehead throbbing with every word. Hermione tried to flinch away but he tightened his grip- if that was even possible, and continued.

" I was happy as it was. But no, you fucking Gryffindors just have to do everything your way. I'm warning you Granger, don't bloody mess with me.", he spat and pushed her away. Her head hit the wall with a loud thump and she winced.

He turned around to go back to his room when he heard her.

" I was only talking about the shower.", she whispered.

He clenched his jaw and slammed the door shut.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"HE WHAT ?", Ginny Potter screeched.

" Calm down Gin.", Harry tried to ease her back on the bed but she struggled against him.

" Harry ! You seriously can't ask me to  calm down! Harry that's Malfoy!  Draco Fucking Malfoy!  They'll kill each other before sunrise! ", she sat up alarmed.

Harry sniggered and pulled her under the covers against him.

" Oh Gin. Believe me they won't. "

Ginny turned to look at him.

" And how can you be so sure ?"

" Because Mione is the Minister of Magic and Draco doesn't have a wand.", he stated as if it was obvious.

" But Harry! There are muggle tools as well!", she sounded horrified.

Harry laughed.

" Malfoy wouldn't dare touch anything muggle.", he reassured her and kissed her forehead.

" Now sleep woman.", he mumbled.

She sighed and closed her eyes.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hermione stared at herself in the bathroom mirror. The bruises; On her arms. Her gaze unconciously drifted over to the ugly scar on her left forearm and she ran her fingers over it. She stared back at herself and then shook her head. Wiping her eyes, she exited the bathroom.

She wasn't getting any sleep tonight.

Draco punched the wall beside his bed and growled. Why did she have to whisper like that ? Why did she have to sound so small ? Sound like the girl who was tortured right in front of him ? Why ? His guilt was eating him from the inside. He winced when he stretched his hand. His knuckles throbbed in pain. He tossed the covers aside and climbed into bed.

He wasn't getting any sleep tonight.