C h a p t e r 34

Draco grabbed her shoulders, turning her so he could look at her.

" What do you mean?"

She sniffed. "Your six months probation ended just now" she said softly.

"That's brilliant" he said, getting up from the floor.

Hermione stood up, swallowing thickly.

" So I can go to my favourite place now?" He asked.

And Hermione felt her heart slipping.

" Wh-wh" she stuttered, tears blurring her vision. Already.

Draco stepped up and grabbed her hands, running his thumbs over her knuckles.

" You think I'm going to leave you?" He asked softly.

Hermione just breathed harder and harsher.

" Do you know what my favourite place smells like?" He asked.

And she looked at him like he had finally lost his marbles.

" No?"

She shook her head.

" Gardenia" he said. "It smells like Gardenia"

Hermione raised her eyebrows. She had no idea where this was going.
" You're so clueless, aren't you, Granger?" He asked, a tiny smirk playing at his lips.

Hermione could only nod, her gaze turning suspicious. A tear rolled down her cheek and she slapped it away.

Draco shook his head, now smiling, and tugged her forwards. " Let's go to my favourite place" he said.

She shook her head and tried to pry her wrist from his grasp, but he only held on tighter. And then he was outside her bedroom. He kicked her door open, and she followed him inside. He was inhaling, his eyes falling shut.

She looked at him quizzically. 

He opened them, and looked at her. "Still clueless?" He asked.

She nodded.

He clicked his tongue. "What do you smell?" He asked her.

Hermione frowned.
"Nothing."

He raised his brows disbelievingly.

"It's your scent, Granger. You smell like Gardenia. And this....this is my favourite place" he declared.

She looked at him, her eyes widening and narrowing, her mouth opening and closing.

He cocked his head to one side. " Say something already, Granger. It'll make me feel less ridiculous"

And she laughed. Her eyes crinkling and beaming, her cheeks blooming. And then she threw herself at him, her fists hitting his back.

" You. Draco. Malfoy!! You almost gave me a heart attack! You stupid. Stupid. Man" she kissed his cheeks, his jaw, his nose, his forehead, and then his lips. A sweet kiss full of promises and love.

"I never knew you were such a sap, Malfoy!"

"Hey" he looked at her, a scowl marring his beautiful features.

She laughed again, and slapped the tears away from her cheeks. He smiled softly at her.

" I love you" she whispered.

He sighed dramatically. " Dear Lord! how many more times do I have to say it back to you?"

Hermione kissed his cheek.