C h a p t e r 21

Hermione woke up to a searing pain in her legs and she whimpered. Turning, she found Draco sleeping peacefully. She felt her heart flutter when she saw their clasped hands over his heart.

The pain was excruciating, but she couldn't help but study him. He looked so...carefree. The lines on his forehead were smoothed out, and his lips were set in a straight line.
No sneer.
No smirk.

He looked angelic.

She whimpered when another wave of pain passed through her leg and shot up her spine.

"D-Draco" Hermione whispered.

He shifted on the bed but didn't wake up.

Hermione bit her lip from crying out loud and unclasped their hands. She then used that hand to tap on his chest.

" Drac-coo oooophh" she felt a tear roll down her cheek.

Draco's eyes fluttered open and he sat upright.

" Granger " his eyes were wide.

" Pain " she bit her lip to the extent that she cut through the skin and drew blood.

" Do you have any pain numbing potion ?" He asked her.

She nodded weakly.

Draco rushed towards the kitchen and opened the cabinet. He rummaged through it roughly, shoving everything aside, until he found the potion. He ran towards her and found her lying still.

His heart picked up pace and he began to panic. " Granger!", he shook her shoulders lightly.

She opened her eyes and relief washed over him. " Drink this" he held up the bottle. She took the bottle from him and downed it in one shot.

" Fuck Granger! what if you overdose?!"

"It's dilute, Malfoy"

She felt coldness seep through her when the potion started taking effect.

Draco sighed and sat beside her on the bed, leaning his head on the headboard.

" What time is it?", she asked.

" 7 in the morning ", he mumbled with dropping eyelids.

Hermione giggled and he raised a bemused brow at her.

" Nothing ", she said.

Draco shrugged nonchalantly and closed his eyes.

" Malfoy?"

"Mhmmm? "he asked , his eyelids still closed.

" You were worried ", she told him with a small smile.

By the time Draco's sleepy mind registered what she had implied, she was already asleep.

" Of course I was " he mumbled into the darkness, and grabbed her hand.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

" I can't believe you both!", Ron thrust out his finger accusingly at his sister and brother in law.

"It was all so sudden, Ronald. We panicked! Sorry for not thinking about informing you!", Ginny yelled.

" It's okay, Ron. She's okay. Hermione's okay.", Pansy pulled Ron into a hug and he began to cry silently.

Harry hugged Ginny to his side. "Don't yell, Gin. It isn't his fault. My reaction would've been the same."

Ginny said nothing, but nuzzled her face in his side.