C h a p t e r 27

"Potter" Draco stood up when Harry stepped out of the fireplace.

" Malfoy" he nodded in acknowledgement.

" Any news?" He asked.

Harry shook his head.
" No. Nothing at all. I just came to return this to Hermione" he held out Hermione's wand.

Draco took it from him and placed it on the table.

"You need to do something, Potter. She wants to join work again."

"Then she shall. That's good news. I'm happy she's getting over it."

"Are you sick, Potter? There's a murderer on the lose. A murderer who hasn't been identified and who tried to kill your best friend. It isn't safe for her to join before you catch the bastard!" He hissed in a low voice.

Harry seemed unfazed by this and shrugged. " It's not like we can stop her"

" Stop who?" Hermione stepped into the lounge.

" Malfoy wants me to stop you from joining the ministry"

Draco's glare could've burned Harry if that was possible.

Hermione pursed her lips at the blond ,and turned towards Harry. "Any news?"

"Nothing at all." He said. "I'm going home now. Ginny must be waiting for me" he smiled tightly before he disapparated.

Hermione turned her glare towards the blond and waited.

He looked at her and creased his brows.

" What?"

"Why do you no want me to join the ministry again?" She asked.

" Potter twisted my words. All I said was that he should hurry the fuck up and catch the bloody murderer before you join" his chest heaved and she realised how hard it must've been for him to admit this much. To admit that he cared. To admit that he didn't want her to be in danger. To admit enough.

" Stop staring at me like that" he snapped.

" Like what?"

"Like you're trying to assess me, Granger."

Hermione shook her head.

"You were concerned about my safety"

" What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

" I think it was pretty clear"

"I don't know what you're talking about" he turned away from her.

She walked towards him, his back to her face, and spoke. " But you do know, Draco. Don't you?"

He turned towards her, and then everything was a blur. It took her far longer than it should have to realise that he was kissing her. His lips warm and soft against hers. His exhale was harsh through his nose as he cradled her head in his hands and angled her so he could reach more. More more more. Nothing was enough. She fisted his shirt in her hands and brought him closer until she could feel his heartbeat in her own body.

His tongue swiped over her bottom lip and she gasped, granting him access to her mouth. His tongue explored her mouth like it was an ancient museum, his hands gripping her hips and squeezing every now and then. She felt herself melting, and exploding and things she didn't know about were happening to her.

He pulled away, panting and then kissed her lips once, twice and then again, before pulling away completely.

They were both out of breath, and gasping and panting. " What was this supposed to mean?" She asked, her breath puffing out.