51: Healing

"Do you guys want to have ice cream later? It's Friday and the coffee shop is closed today. We're available for some Heaven!" I looked at them with sparkling eyes, while they exchanged looks. I really was craving for something cold today. The weather was quite hot, and it's been a while since I ate something sweet.

"Uhh actually, Xiumin-hyung and I have a lot of SYNC documents to arrange. We have to start working on them as soon as classes end." Suho smiled apologetically, and Xiumin nodded in approval.

"Oh... Then we can buy take-outs! Kai can teleport them to you so you can eat while you work!"

"Um Maeji, we can't go too..." Chanyeol scratched his head, exchanging looks with Baekhyun and Sehun. "We kinda have assignments to work on..."

My eyebrow rose. Since when did these three care about school works?

"Wow it's not like doing assignments would make you instantly smart." Chen exclaimed, immediately receiving simultaneous head slaps from Baek and Chanyeol.  I couldn't help but pout. If these goofballs aren't coming, then it wouldn't be that fun anymore. In fact, it would never be as fun if we aren't complete. But I still would like to have some ice cream.

"If you really want ice cream, I can just buy it for you." Kai smiled, but my pout remained.

"But I want us to go together. I want to smell the mint and the cinnamon and the strawberries. It's just different when we eat there..." I peeked at Tao through my lashes , hoping for him to agree with me. He tried to endure my aegyo for a few seconds, but then eventually caved in.

"Alright, I'll bring you there myself." He smiled and patted my head, though quite unsure. Anyway, that was enough for me to smile again. We heard the bell ring, indicating the end of lunch break. I hopped up, starting to get excited by what we'll do later. I climbed up the ladder like a little hyper kid, and even able to balance and hop a few times on top of the wall. I think I kinda gave Tao a mini-heart attack, but I was just so excited that I wasn't able to think about anything at the moment aside from ice-cream.

"I'll see you guys later by the gate, then! But if ever you guys change your minds, you can absolutely come along! It will always be 200% fun when we're all together!"

Giggling, I hopped down the other side, giving Tao another mini-heart attack, I think.

* * * * *

During class interval before our final class, I couldn't keep still. I kept bouncing my legs up and down, not able to get rid of this excited smile in my face. Lay could only stare at me. I have to get rid of all this excess energy before Physics starts, or else our prof might kick me out. He hates people bouncing their legs. He's kind of a grumpy man, you see.

I suddenly faced Lay, making him flinch. "Let's play a game. I ask questions and you answer them as fast as you can." My smile was so big that I swear my head could split in half at any second.

"Um... why?"

"This so much energy is bad, Lay! Bad!" I motioned to my nonstop bouncing legs. "I feel like I'm becoming Chanyeol!"

He chuckled and finally shifted his seat to face me. I tapped my chin, trying to come up with a good question.

"Umm... How about... What's your favorite subject?"

"History," he stated coolly without any hesitation. Hm, he seems good at this kind of game.

"What subject do you hate most?"

"Physics," that made me giggle.

"Why is your hair yellow?"

"It matches my emblem."

"Why do you always come to school early?"

"The house becomes a warzone after 8 o'clock."

Wow, he seems willing to answer anything. Maybe I should play a little more. I shifted my seat closer as this mischievous smile formed on my lips. His eyes narrowed.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

"No."

"Dated?"

"No."

"Flirted?"

"No."

"Man, you're boring." I clucked my tongue in pity, making him scoff.

"How about you? Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

My eyes widened, and I felt myself turning red. Is... Is Tao my boyfriend? I mean... surely he's my anima but... does that also count as a boyfriend?

"Y-yah, I'm the one asking questions. It's my game!"

"Ok, fine." He laughed. I feigned an angry look. Gawd, Lay may not speak that much but he surely knows how to annoy me. I narrowed my eyes.

"Well have you ever liked someone?"

"Why is this suddenly all about my love life?" His eyes sparkled in amusement.

"You're such a very serious person. People like you tend to be really picky with people. You might end up being a bachelor forever if you stay like that." I whispered the last part.

"Oh, and now you're a psychologist." His eyes narrowed into thin slits. I giggled.

"Ok then, I'll change the topic. How about your ability? I heard from Luhan and Sehun this category thing, and it made me so curious." I made sure my voice was low enough so nobody could eavesdrop. "Is it true you can only heal one major wound, then you get mentally exhausted?"

"Kind of. It still depends how bad it is. Like when you got stabbed...," He paused as if to see if I would wince at the memory. "That kind of wound takes up to 30 or 40% of my energy. But if it were on the heart, I may have never been able to save you."

My eyes widened. "Really? So, let's say, if ever my heart stops beating, that's the end for me? There's no way to revive me?"

If an electric shock from Chen doesn't work, then there could be no other way..." His voice drifted off as his brows furrowed. It's like he remembered something. "...unless I use that one..."

"What 'that one'?"

"The one where I could transfer my life energy to you."

My eyes widened once again. "So you mean..."

"If you die, I can revive you. In exchange for my own life."

I felt a pinch on my heart at that. Lay may be the coldest, scariest, and most sadistic person I've ever met, but the idea of him gone still is very scary and painful.

"But you haven't learned that, right? You can't learn such a dangerous thing..."

"Even though dangerous, it still may come in handy sometime. There's a right time for everything, Maeji." He smiled and reached out to pat my hair. The prof finally walked in, and we immediately fixed our chairs. As the classes started, I glanced at Lay, my eyebrows still furrowed.

He may not smile and talk much, but I could see he has a great heart. No matter what happens, he will always be the awesome and cool Lay in our hearts.

* * * * * * * * *

[A/N]: I hope I made some Yixing fans happy! Though I might have scared you with the last part. I'm starting to become an evil author-nim. Mwahahaha~