21

"Can you all please write down whats on the board?" Mr Willoughby says.

I was currently in Wednesday's science class, sitting next to Chase who hadn't said a word to me since we kissed at his. He obviously hadn't picked up his pen and neither had I. We sat in complete silence, Chase on his phone. I leant my chin on my hand as watched the clock, I should have spent the morning in the disabled bathroom.
Just as I was about to doze off, the principle walks into the classroom with Lewis. Great. Fucking Great. I watch Chase look up from his phone, blatantly trying to hear what was going on as the Principle talks to Mr Willoughby.

"Thats fine, take a seat" Mr Willoughby says before Lewis' eyes land on mine, walking straight over, taking a chair from another table and placing himself opposite myself and Chase.

"Whats going on?" Chase asks and Lewis chuckles.

"Apparently I was distracting peoples learning? I don't know man, but I got moved to this class for today" He replies, resting both elbows on the table and looking at me.

"Hi" He says making me glance up, giving him a strange look. "Alright.. Sorry for fucking talking, Jheez" He rolls his eyes as I don't reply.

Lewis turns to face the front of the classroom, reading the questions that had to be answered.
"First one is easy, have you done it?" He asks me and I shake my head with a small frown.

"I'm sorry" He says with an uneasy chuckle. "For what happened at the party, and for being a total dick; I'm sorry, honestly" He says.

I look up at him before glancing at Chase.

"A small apology wont make up for the fact that you made me feel like complete shit, made me feel worthless, made me self conscious, made me feel like everyone had turned against me" I scoff, picking up my pen and scribbling down the answer to the question. I didn't have a clue how to answer the question, I just guessed.

"I really am sorry" He says sincerely. "I don't think before I speak" He frowns.

"Yeah, well maybe you should learn, because i swear to god Lewis, If you ever fucking say a thing like that to me again, you'll be fucking sorry, because I've had enough of it, I've had enough of being treated like dirt by you; i'm fe-" I begin to get wound up I feel Chase rest his hand on my thigh. I stop in my tracks, completely frozen, tingles running up my spine.

"fed up" I finish my sentence, my voice now lower.

Chase gives my thigh a light, reassuring squeeze before speaking up. "Lets all just chill" He chuckles, glancing at the both of us. Lewis nods, gazing down at my paper. "Would you like some help?" He asks, nodding at the questions. I shake my head in reply, picking up my pen and scribbling down the wrong answer to the next question. Lewis frowns at the answer, giving me a small look, Chase doing the same.

"Lewis, could you sit at a normal seat please?" The teacher asks, pointing to a space across the room. Lewis attempts to protest, seeming to realise it wasn't worth the argue before getting up and moving across the room.

Chase turns to me, taking my book and ripping out the page I had written on. "Chase, what the fuck!" I frown, punching his upper arm.

"Ouch!" He chuckles, lightly slapping my arm in a playful manner. I slap him back harder, making him flinch slightly although it didn't look like it hurt him at all. He pokes his finger into the side of my ribs, making me jolt to the side, knocking my book to the floor. "Chase!" I scoff, everyone turning to see what the fuss was. Chase smiles, waiting for everyone to turn back around before grabbing my wrists in order to stop me from retaliating. "Ok, ok Chill" He laughs hysterically, pushing me off of him. He takes my book, placing it in front of me.

"I know you knew they were the wrong answers, c'mon, i'll teach you how to do it" He chuckles, picking up my pen and writing the date again for me.

"I don't need help" I frown, Chase giving me a look of disbelief.

"Right, ok so explain how you got fourteen when the answer is minus four" He raises his brows at me.

"After you explain why you keep kissing me and then completely ignoring me the next day" I finally get out, crossing me arms with a small, proud smile.

Chase narrows his eyes at me.

"What are you trying to get at?" He says, looking around to see if anyone was listening.

"I'm not trying to get at anything, Chase. I'm just not the type of person to do things with someone just for the sake of doing them, You're the first person i've kissed who has only kissed me purely for the sake of it" I say, Chase sitting back in his chair.

"What do you mean by, 'for the sake of it'" He frowns.

"Well, you don't want anything from it; you're obviously just a horny teen, you know?" I shrug. Chase stays quiet as I carry on talking.

"You said I was hot at yours, did you just say that be-"

"You're not hot. You're fucking gorgeous" He butts in, goose bumps spreading all over my body.

"Listen, Ember. We both have shit reputations, and I know we both hate each other, but the hatred I have towards you only makes me want to be around you even more. You know, I've always been intrigued to know what kind of person you're like when you're being yourself; and the last few weeks I've seen a different side to you.. I've always liked you Ember, always. But i feel like, recently I've come to like you just that tiny bit more, and I don't want your petty thoughts to ruin that, ok?" He says, resting his hand back on my thigh.

"And I want to be friends with Ember Wilson, not Ember 'Hide Behind My Fake Personality' Wilson" He says making me giggle.

"And I want to be friends with Chase Miller, not Chase 'Don't Care About Peoples Feelings' Miller" I grin making him roll his eyes with a small chuckle.

"Are you free after school?" He asks, I nod.

"You wanna come and chill?" He asks, removing his hand from my thigh.

"Chill where?" I ask.

"Just around. at the park? I don't know?" He shrugs.

"Yeah, I guess so" I smile, picking up my pen.

"So how do you do this?" I ask, pointing to question one with the tip of my pen.

{A/n do you think they're
finalllyyy friends?}