39

I lay in Chase's arms after coming down from my high, still in complete ecstasy. The feeling of Chase inside me, hitting all the right spots was honestly mind blowing. I'd never felt like that before and that was another point I was going to have to add to my 'The ex was shit' list with Flo.

"I fucking love you" Chase grins, staring at the ceiling.

"I love you too" I smile before giving his jaw a quick peck.

-

We wake up surprisingly early, probably due to the fact that Archie was screaming at the top of his lungs and Elsie was singing Little Mix songs right outside Chases bedroom door. It was all ok though, we had breakfast with everyone and all sat and got to know each other a little bit more, it was nice. I couldn't ignore the fact that Chase had sent several texts to Freddie during breakfast. I couldn't read them, but I needed to find out why Chase had so much hatred towards him.

After chilling for a little while, Myself and Chase had made our way back up to his bedroom. It was around midday.

"Chase, why do you hate Freddie" I ask.

I was laying with my head towards the base of the bed, my legs up and resting on the wall whilst Chase was sitting like a normal human being, his back resting on the headrest.

"I just do" He shrugs.

Right.

"No reason at all? You just hate him, for no reason? How childish is that?" I frown.

Freddie was a nice guy, he was always really sweet to me, but having my boyfriend completely despise him wasn't good. If Chase really did hate him for no reason then I'd be super annoyed, its so childish. Chase was really horrible to me and he's horrible to a lot of others at school, but not in the way he's horrible to Freddie. Its completely different.
With most people, he just puts on that dickhead persona, but will be fine with interacting with them at social gatherings. With me he just straight up bullied me.. but I also hated him too and he knew that.
But with Freddie, Chase is horrible in such a sly way, and he thinks I don't notice.
The way he looks at him, and the way he speaks to him, almost as if he doesn't want anyone to know, and I can see it hurts Fred. Its like Freddie is scared to speak up.

"He's not your mate, Em-"

When Chase first told me how he felt about me, he told me how he was always mean to me to keep me away, so maybe Chase likes Freddie too. Maybe he likes Freddie as more of a friend. Maybe he fancies Freddie. Or maybe they're together, maybe they're in a relationship and I'm just being used for a cover up.

"-He's not who you think he is"

Maybe Chase doesn't actually want this with me, he likes Freddie. Maybe he's too scared to come out and Freddie wants to, but Chase isn't ready and he's trying to pretend they're not at all friends, maybe thats why the comments hurt Fred so much. Maybe- maybe thats why Chase always gets jealous when I talk to Freddie, not because he likes me, but because he likes him.

"Do you fancy Fred?" I blurt out, having been completely fazed in my own thoughts that I hadn't realised Chase had spoken.

"Do I what?" Chase chokes.

"Do you fancy him? What-is- is this what it is? I'm being used as a cover up so that everyones so distracted by our sudden interest in each other that they don't notice you touching up Freddie because its the most unlikely thing to happen?.. is that what this whole thing is Cha-"