33

"Oh, Ember my lovely, I'm sorry" Laura says softy, placing a hand on my back, rubbing it soothingly.

I could feel my chest tightening and I knew I needed that one person. As I found it harder and harder to breathe, I knew that only Chase would be able to calm me down. I really needed to learn how to control these attacks, I really did, but at that moment in time the only person I could think of was Chase.
"I-I need" I stutter, now finding it impossible to breathe at a steady pace.

"Inhaler? are you asthmatic, Ember? What do you need?!" Laura panics, rushing around the living room like a headless chicken.

"Chase" I say, placing my head in my hands as I try to calm myself down, "wheres Chase, I-I need Chase" I mumble. The amount of fucked up breathing was making me unbelievably light headed, yet my stupid ass stands up in attempt to get to Chase, stumbling towards the stairs.

"Sit down" Laura panics, before calling for Chase who almost instantly comes bounding down the stairs, obviously hearing the panic in his mums voice.

"Whats going on?" He asks as he enters the living room, his eyes landing on me.

"Ember" He frowns wrapping his arms around my shoulders, mine wrapping tightly around his waist. I let out a loud sob, Chases hand softly running through my hair, "Hey, hey, its ok! focus on my heartbeat" He speaks softly into my hair. With my head resting on his chest, I begin to relax, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"Whats wrong, babe, what was sai- Mum, what did you say?" Chase asks with a frown, holding me to his chest.

"I-I dont know" His mum replies, "I don't know, I mentioned her mum, I didn't know th-" His mum tried to explain, being cut of by Chase giving her an understanding nod.

"It wasn't her fault" I sniff, still wrapped tightly around Chase.

"No, I know, I'm not blaming anyone" Chase replies softly.

I watch Chases mum monitor us carefully, her expression lightening up with a warm smile as she watches Chase give my forehead a small peck.

"I'm sorry" I mumble to the two of them after realising I had had an attack in front of his mum.

"Aw no, don't be sorry, i'll leave you two to talk, yeah?" Laura pouts, giving my arm a small squeeze as she heads upstairs. I let go of Chase, my breathing now back to normal, although I still felt weak as fuck and still slightly vulnerable.

"Chase- I" I chew on my lower lip in anxiousness. Chase frowns, taking my wrist in his hand as he pulls me over to sit on the sofa.

"Whats wrong" He asks, the both of us now sitting comfortably.

Gosh, this was more intense than watching Finlay coming out to his parents, and trust me, I think I was more scared than Finlay was.

"Chase, I- I love you" I breathe out. I felt so cringed out it was unreal, but so happy to get it off my chest. Chase frowns slightly, monitoring my face before the biggest smile creeps up on his lips. He's such an adorable human, oh lord.

"Fuck, I love you too, Ember" He lets out a sharp breath, leaning in to give me a soft peck. "I just wish I'd told you sooner" He chuckles, running a hand through his hair before kissing me again.

"I'd have probably attacked you, in all seriousness" I grin though the kiss, my hand softly resting on his ribs.

By this time it was probably around five in the evening, and as much as I wanted to stay with Chase forever, it was best if I left for home. We still weren't "a thing" though, a couple, and I had to somehow throw that subject into a conversation before things moved too fast as I needed to know whether we were real, you know? Together. Official. Boyfriend and Girlfriend.

"Is this it then?" I ask, as we near my house.

My hand was in Chases and it felt so.. special?
Chase stops at my gate, pulling me against his front.

"Is this what?" He grins down at me, delicately tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"Are we-" I trail off, hoping he'd understand.

"Enemy's in love? Yes." He smiles, spinning us round and walking back a step to rest against my garden fence, me now standing between his legs, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. The position we were in gave May the perfect sight of the both of us, especially my face, which I was kind of on edge about as I knew she was probably watching us through the window, seeing as shes the nosiest person on earth.

"what are we? Are we dating? Are we together, Chase?" I ask, now getting straight to the point. His eyes widen a little.

"Fuck yeah, if you want us to be" He grins, his hand creeping down to my ass.

"Get the fuck off my ass, May's probably got her spoons ready" I roll my eyes with a small giggle, "and yeah, as cheesy as it sounds, I want to be able to tell the world I'm Chase Millers girlfriend" I admit, Chase giving me a small peck.

"Then tell them, babe" He grins, "tell the whole fucking world. We're official." He states.

Chase pulls me closer, passionately kissing me, the worry of May watching us completely vanishing from my mind as I loop my arms around his neck. "You should go inside" Chase pulls away breathlessly. I nod with a wide grin, making my way to my front door.

"Em" He calls out, just as I'm about to turn the key in the lock. I turn around, waiting for him to speak.

"Saturday, Eight in the evening, i'll pick you up from here" He says with a small smile.

"What?" I frown slightly, giving him a small chuckle.

"Just- Ember" Chase rolls his eyes, "I'm taking you out, ok?"

"Oh.." I trail off, turning my key in the door, before slowly opening it, "ok" I grin.

Chase is taking me out! oh my, what the fuck.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I squeak, not quite knowing what to say.

Chase nods, giving me a small grin, "bye, Girlfriend" He winks.

"For fuck sake, bye Miller" I giggle, giving him a small wave before closing the door behind me.

"Ok, I'm ready to become a great, great aunt" May announces as soon as I set foot through the door.

"AUNTY!" I exclaim, earning a hysteric laugh.

"I'm joking, I pray to god he doesn't give you a child at seventeen years of age" May says, her Italian accent coming through.

"I don't approve of him though" She says, her face straight as hell. My heart races at her comment. I glance down at my phone and realising I had a new message.

From: Chase: I'm already missing you like crazy xx

I purse my lips together, unable to keep my wide smile in.

"I'm joking Ember, If he makes you that happy, i'll have to approve; The spoon is on standby for the both of your information" She grins, giving me a tight hug, "Your mother would be proud, finding yourself a good boyfriend" She says, melting my heart.

"Thankyou, Aunty, I love you" I say as we pull away.

"I love you too, My Love, I want to cook for Chase" She nods, "you'll bring him here for dinner?" May asks, giving me a small look.

I shrug, "I guess so"

"You must, I must meet him" She grins, giving my cheek a playful pinch as she heads upstairs, probably to the bathroom. I unlock my phone, finally being able to message Chase back.

To: Chase: Don't be so cringey.. xx

From: Chase: I love you❤️xx

Fucking cute, huh?

To: Chase: I love you too❤️❤️