35

"Hey" Chase chuckles as May hugs him tightly.

"Im May, you probably already know" She grins, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Chase nods, stepping back a little to rest his hand on the base of my back. May watches him carefully before glancing at me with a small look.

"I baked a cake, would you like some cake" She asks, rushing to the oven.

"I'm fine, thank you" He smiles pulling me into his side.

"Are you sure? Theres plenty" She asks for a second time, taking the cake out from the oven and placing it on the worktop.

"No thank you" He chuckles.

May smiles with a small nod before asking Chase if he wanted a drink, Chase giving her a small "no thanks" before the both of us head into the living room.

We both sit down on the sofa in a comfortable silence watching whatever May had on tv. I shuffle a little closer to Chase, trying to make him feel a little more comfortable, as I didn't quite know what to say or do to make conversation.

"Do you life far, Chase?" May asks as she comes through to the living room sitting down comfortably on the sofa opposite. May already knew that Chase only lived a few roads away, as I had been to his house more than once, but I guess she was just trying to make conversation.

"No, I live just past the industrial estate, a few roads down" Chase replies, using his hands to explain.

"Ah, yes. Whats it like there? Are the neighbours nice?" May asks as I sit in silence, just listening.

"Uh-yeah" He shrugs, "they're alright".

"You live with your parents?" May asks, a little lowly.

"My mum" Chase nods, "My younger siblings live with my Dad, in Ireland. I don't really see them much"

May frowns a little before speaking, "I wont ask why, I don't wa-"

"No, no, its fine, My mum just couldn't cope with the three of us alone" Chase explains, "She thought she could, she wanted to, but she couldn't, so they went to live with my Dad"

"I see" May nods.

Chase shuffles slightly beside me, placing his hand on my thigh, May watching us carefully. I knew May felt protective when it came to Chase, although she knew how much we liked each other before we had become official, especially after I had told her how horrible Chase used to be to me, and I think the picture of 'horrible' Chase had stuck in her mind.

"I'm going to visit them next weekend, and I was wondering if Em could come" Chase says, watching May intensely as he waited for an answer.

"Em?" She questions, glancing between the two of us.

"Ember" Chase corrects himself, giving me a small look.

"He calls you Em?" May asks, her eyes everting to me.

"Yeah" I nod. May smiles slightly, giving Chase a approved look.

"As long as she wants to go with you" She replies to Chases original question, Chase turning his head to look down at me with a small grin.

"Yeah, I want to go" I nod with a wide smile.

I was surprised at May's easy answer, seeing as she was still a little wary of Chase. I hear Chase let out a small breath of relief as he places his hand back on my thigh, giving it a little squeeze.

After May interrogating Chase about his life, and asking him several embarrassing questions, the both of us head upstairs, as I wanted to talk to Chase alone about the weekend.

"Chase, does your Dad know i'll be coming?" I ask, stitting crossed legged on the bed whilst Chase sat on the edge of the bed, leaning back on his elbows.

"Not exactly, no, but he'll be fine with it" Chase chuckles glancing up at me. I shrug slightly.

"I just don't want to get there and ruin your family time, you know?" I purse my lips together, playing with the ends of my hair.

"Don't be fucking stupid" He scoffs, lightly slapping my knee, "I want you to come to Ireland with me, family time or not, I want you to be there" He says.

"Would your Aunt let you skip school on Friday?" Chase asks, sitting up to examine my face.

"I- Probably not" I shrug, "besides, I have sociology Fridays"

Chase nods, a little disappointed as he bites the inside of his cheek in search of something to say.

"Its just that, If we left early Friday morning, we'd get there in time for me to show you around a little, and we could stop off at other places and - I don't know, I guess we'll just leave after school" He nods with a small chuckle.

"We'll leave Friday morning" I shrug, pulling him over to lay between my legs, his head situated just at my bellybutton.

"Well no, I'm not dragging you out of school if you want to be there" He frowns.

"No its fine, May will understand" I nod, running my hand through his soft hair. He lets out a small sigh as we sit in a comfortable silence.

Im awoken a little while after by Chase hovering over me, his hands either side of my head, "I should probably get going" He whispers, obviously trying not to wake me completely.

I pout up at him before dragging him back down by his collar. He lets out a small chuckle as he fought his way back up. "We have school in a few hours; I'll see you tomorrow" He smiles sweetly before giving me a quick peck on the lips, holding my wrists above my head in a playful manner in order for me to stop dragging him back down.

I wince in pain as my right wrist was still bruised from Charlie, making Chase let go immediately. "Sorry" He frowns.

I felt so bad watching him think he had caused the pain just from lightly holding my wrists. But Chase was Charlies friend, and I didn't want to be the one causing friendship breakups, so I kept quiet.

"Its ok" I nod as he climbs off of me, giving me one last kiss before he leaves for his house.

{a/n right, listen, the end
of this chapter ended
up being so shit because
I had the fattest writers
block ever}