Eight

Marie Cousins P.O.V
Sheldon invited me to dinner with the rest of his friends, who were definitely quite the humans. I was actually having good time, and I had gotten along with Penny, Leonard's wife, and Bernadette, who was the wife of Howard Wolowitz. Amy would shoot me a dirty look every once in a while, but Sheldon didn't seem to pick up on the tension. I ignored Amy and just continued on eating the Chinese food while mingling with the girls.

Marie can I talk to you in the hall for a minute?" Amy blurted out and I looked up from my food and made eye contact with the brown haired woman.

"Yeah sure." I said keeping a blank face, not looking at anyone else as I left the apartment and into the hallway, and Amy shut the door behind her as she entered the hallway of silence (I call it this because nobody said a word right off the bat). I crossed my arms and looked around at the walls while I awaited some sort of verbal communication from Amy. She pushed her glasses up higher on her nose, and placed her hands on her hips, and finally said something.

"So why are you really here?" Amy asked like she was a conspiracy theorist.

"Sheldon invited me." I replied

"Why?" I could sense some jealousy from her side of the conversation, being a counsellor helps me evaluate situations and pick up vibes of different emotions.

"Amy I'm not going after Sheldon. He's like a little brother to me."

"Is that why you seemed angry at me?"

"What?"

"I'm a neuroscientist I know a few things about the human brain."

"Okay listen. I've always thought of Sheldon as a little brother, and just seeing grown up now, and getting married, it's just weird."