Twenty

Marie Cousins P.O.V
Georgie and I continued to laugh as I looked for the cookies that I brought from Portland. Just as I was taking the cookies out, I heard a knock on the door, then Sheldon's voice. He did this three times until I walked to the door to answer it.

"Hey Sheldon." I said as I took a breath out.

"What's that on your finger?" Sheldon asked referring to my ring, and Amy joined him at our doorway, and I began to feel unsettled.

"It's a ring." I said with a nervous smile as Georgie came to the doorway as he was swallowing the last bite of the cookie.

"What kind of ring?" Amy asked, even though I knew damn well she knew that it was an engagement ring. My mind went through a whole bunch of different situations, from Amy being happy, to Amy being a total jealous bitch who wants all the attention on her, like a baby. I took a deep breath as I tried to think of a possible response, and I assumed Georgie was doing the same thing. He was making  his "I'm actually thinking about something" face.

"You got engaged NOW?" Amy stepped closer to me as she expressed her surprise and anger.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked in reply and shrugged my shoulders.

"This was supposed to be about Sheldon and I." She complained.

"Relax we haven't even told anyone for that reason."

"Really?"

"Yes. We didn't want to take the attention away from you and Sheldon so we're gonna wait to tell people."

Amy hugged me. Amy hugged me?

"Congrats." She said.