Twenty-Seven

Marie Cousins P.O.V
Sheldon directed his eye contact away from me when I mentioned the possibility that he gave my contact information to my high school best friend. I could tell this was going to be a weird vacation.

"Maybe." Sheldon looked around the room almost like he was in a play or something.

"Sheldon what the hell!" I threw my arms to the side as I snapped at him.

"What?" I should have known. This is Sheldon we're talking about. Everything came easy to him except common social cues and manners.

"You're not supposed to do that!" I slapped my forehead in both anger and confusion.

Sheldon shrugged again, so I decided just to let it go. I guess it wasn't that big of a deal. It could have been a lot worse. It was awkward, yes, but it's not like Sheldon decided to start rubbing elbows with Codey Haynes. I decided to forgive him, it wasn't that big of a deal. In fact, I could probably use the encounter to my advantage. Even though Kim and I's friendship went to shit, she was there for me in times when I really needed her. Who else better to be my maid of honour?

"Sorry." Sheldon said, in a tone that seemed forced.

"Don't worry about it. Lets go back inside." I suggested and Sheldon obviously agreed based on the direction his footsteps were headed.

I grabbed my laptop, and flipped it open, and video called Kim, luckily everyone was distracted in the kitchen.

Kim answered. I haven't talked to her in so long.

"Hey Kim." I said.