Forty

"Morning sleepyhead." Georgie said as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"What time is it?" I groaned, my vision too blurry to read the numbers on my bedside alarm clock.

"10:00." He sat up and began to start for the door, and I followed.

"Do you remember the last time we woke up next to each other?" I asked as we stepped into the kitchen.

"When you ran away?"

"Yeah, and I had that dream,"

"Yeah. You kept having nightmares after that."

"Luckily they're better now. I haven't had a nightmare as bad as those in twenty years." I smiled as I search my fridge for lemonade.

"You have a lot of fish." Georgie observed as he shifted his focus to the fish tanks.

"Yeah. I like fish." I stood beside him as we looked at the aquatic species swimming around, doing tricks and hiding in the decorations from time to time.

"I remember." He smiled and placed his arm around me and pulled me closer.

"I've got a picture. Of me, you, and Sammy somewhere." I said as Georgie and I sat down on the couch.

"Interesting." He replied.

"So what do want to do today?" I asked and ran my finger along his arm.

"I don't know. Watch tv?"

"Haven't you ever wanted to explore somewhere?" I asked, almost sounding like a person promoting a place for people to travel there.

"Hey I'm watching tv in Portland, that's exploring it."

"No not really." I replied.

"Well then lets do something fun. Just me and you."

"I'm looking forward to it." I smiled and picked him on the lips.