Seventeen

Marie Cousins P.O.V
I finally had the courage to look at the text.

"Okay something is wrong." I said.

"Another ex?" Georgie guessed with his eyes focused on the carpet next to the beds.

"Yeah but this time it's not a summer fling it's my ex husband."

I felt my stomach do flip flops. I remembered how bad it was when when Georgie thought I wasn't over Codey Haynes.

The walk home from the 7-11 was totally silent.

"Georgie-" I started to say.

"Don't Georgie me." He mumbled.

"What did I do?" I asked confused.

He didn't even answer me.

"Georgie what is going on?" I said as my voice rose louder.

He stopped in his tracks and took a good look at me.

"I saw the way you were lookin' at your ex there. And the fact that you ran away to his cabin." He snapped.

"Georgie I-"

"Nope."

He sped walked away from me, and broke into a sprint. Did we just break up? I ran as fast as I could to catch up to him.

.

"Georgie why are you acting like this? What's wrong?" I cried.

I felt my heart sink to the ground.

"It's nothing I'm totally fine." He replied.

I sat down on the curb, and watched the cars go by as Georgie sat down next to me.

I wiped away the newest tear that had came out of my eyelid, and Georgie tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

We sat in silence as we drank our slurpees, and I had a flashback play in my head of the first time that we kissed. Now this flashback will be the time we broke up.

"Georgie I don't want to break up. But I think it might be a good idea to take a step back and just take time to ourselves because of this whole Codey situation." My heart shattered into pieces as I said those words, and I'll never forgot the look on Georgie's face when he heard them.

"Marie no." He said, and he was making puppy dog eyes.

"What did the text say?" Georgie said as he turned his head to look at me.

"The classic "I'm trying to get my girl back bullshit"." I replied with a forced grin on my facial expression.