Thirty-Six

"Codey broke up with me." Kim said.

"Sorry." I shrugged it off obviously, I was still mad at her for going after my ex.

"You have to listen to me okay?"

"Alright?"

"Codey broke up with me, because he wants to get back with you."

"He knows I'm engaged."

"Yes he knows, but you've met him. He never gives up."

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Your choice. But whatever you do, don't tell Georgie."

"Why not?"

"You don't want to start a fight with him. Duh!"

"I'll text you later Kim."

"Bye."

I hung up my phone, and earned an interesting, and rather curious look from Georgie.

"What was that about?" Georgie asked as I sat back down on the bed.

"Kim and Codey broke up." That was all I could say, and pray that he didn't ask the reason why.

"Why?"

Oh great.

"Um because of how upset I was?" I tried to think of the most logical and Codey like reason I could think of.

"Is that so?" He asked in a tone that told me that he really didn't believe me.

"Okay. Codey wants to get back with me that's why he dumped Kim." I said quickly and did my best attempt to avoid his eye contact.

"How does this keep happening? Can't that dude get over people?" Georgie said and he slapped his forehead.

"Don't worry I'm not going to do anything." I informed him.

"Just be careful ok?" He said and kissed my forehead.

"I will don't worry."