Twelve

Marie Cousins P.O.V
I broke out of my thoughts as I sat down in my seat. I felt a smile come across my features as the sight of Leonard standing up front as Sheldon's best man greeted my eyes. To be honest I never could picture Sheldon actually getting married, but part of that could be the fact that he was nine years old when I knew him in high school, and it's not a common thing to have a nine year old's potential wedding in the far future. I decided to stop thinking about it and just watch, and take advantage of this hour that I didn't have to deal with this awkward situation with Georgie that I got myself into when I agreed to drive all the way from Portland to California.

~

After the wedding, everyone in the wedding party walked towards the exit and the audience stood up and clapped in happiness for the newlyweds. After everyone in the wedding party exited, the rest of the audience followed. I got back into my car and locked it, and jumped as soon as I saw Georgie knocking on the window. I opened the door and he sat down in the passenger seat.

"Georgie what are you doing here?" I asked surprised, but felt stupid for whatever reason.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." He replied and shut the car door.

"Yeah sure what do you want to talk to me about?" I tried to think of possibilities, but the conversation topic he had in mind I would have never guessed.