Chapter 16

James' feet hammered against the tile floor as he made his way to Bianca's hospital room. He scoffed to himself as he noticed her room was bare. No visitors, no flowers, nothing. He clenched his jaw as he watched her sleep. Her arm was in a thick bandage sling since the doctor was waiting for the swelling to recede before placing the permanent cast on. He quickly took out his phone and text Cyrus to have her room filled with flowers in the next hour.

Cyrus response was, "Who are they from?"

James smirked as he replayed, "Jerk." He turned his attention back to her as he slowly walked to Bianca's bedside. He gently sat down and grasped her uninjured arms hand and squeezed.

Her eyes slowly eased open and she pulled her hand away. James leaned closer like he was about to pounce on her, "Don't pull away from me.."

Bianca swallowed to ease her dried throat, "Or what?"

Her eyes followed him as he eased up and walked to the window, "Why did you do it?"

She hissed as she bumped her broken arm while sitting up, "Do what?"

He turned back to her, "You risked your life and our.." James looked down after he couldn't finish his sentence.

Bianca rolled her eyes, "Get out.."

He snapped a shocked expression to her, "What..?"

She shook her head back and forth as she looked at her lap, "I said get out! Out! Out! Out! Out! Out!"

James rushed to her to calm her but she hit him with her right arm as she continued to scream with her hoarse voice. Soon a nurse and security guard entered the room and tried to calm her and escorted James out.

As he sat sat and watched the florist van pull up, he felt sick to his stomach, "She doesn't care about fucking flowers, she just wanted to be loved and protected. All you did, was make it worse." James roughly rubbed his mouth and stared to bang against the steering wheel, "Shiiiiitt!!! Fuck! Fucking bastard!" He slicked back his hair as he calmed down, "Think, fix this. How can we fix this." His other voice came into play, "Find who did this to her first. Then we go from there." James' devil grin spread across his lips as he started his car, "I'm coming Danny."

*******************
Danny rocked nervously back and forth as he looked down, "Is Bianca going to be okay?"

James sighed, "Yeah.."

"Well, what about the baby?"

James' eyes widened, "What? She told you?"

Danny was still looking down, "No, I guessed why she was leaving.."

"Leaving..?"

Danny nodded as he looked down and to the side, "Yeah.. She said she couldn't tell me who the father was and that she was going away for a long time.."

James quickly bounced his kneewhile looking down, "What happened?"

Danny's lip quivered, "I was taking her to get ice cream to make her feel better.. Then.. Then.. Greg Killian came
up and said I owed him money. Bianca told him I didn't and we started to leave. He hit me and then.." James looked up to his now sobbing brother, "Bianca said run and she turned and punched him to the ground. Then next time I saw her was laying on the ground, and her arm was broken."

James stood and towered over his brother, "Greg Killian..?"

Danny nodded as he sniffled and wiped his tears on his shirt sleeve, "He's the senior quarterback. He gets away with murder.."

James patted his shoulder, "Hey." He looked up to him, "You didn't do anything wrong. Bianca and the.. " Danny studied his pause, "Baby are going to be fine."

Danny smiled as he wiped his eyes again, "I know.. I told her you wouldn't let anything happen to them."

James stared at him with guilt, "Yes.. I'll take care of them." He said his goodbye and quickly made his way back to the hospital, "Please be there... Please be there..!" He pressed his teeth as he floored the gas.

James' chest heaved with anxiety when he saw the empty hospital room

James' chest heaved with anxiety when he saw the empty hospital room. All of the flowers were still there, but no sweet Bianca. He slowly shuffled to her bed and sat. James ran his hand though his hair while he planned his next move. His darkness crept in, "We need to make it safe before they come home. Let's go visit Codji.. Time to teach the jock strap a life long lesson."

***********
Two weeks later

James strutted up to Codji Sinclaird desk. They were enemies in school, but now had a level of gang respect for each other. James smirked as he slid a large envelope to his hand, "Half now.. Half later.."

Codji puffed on his cigar and flipped through the bills, "How bad are we talking?"

James leaned forward against his desk, "Break him.."

Codji cut his eyes to him, "Really..? Damn..! What did this fool do?"

James stood up and straightened his wool coat, "He hurt the mother of my child."

Codji chuckled, "Don't mess with tha baby moma.."

James chuckled as she strolled out, "Ya damn right.."

***************

That weekend

James puffed on his cigarette as he watched the football game from a distance. He smirked as he heard the announcer over the stadium speakers, "And there goes Greg Killian for the pass.. And it's good..!" He heard the stadium cheer, but then noticed the two defense corner backs come up from the side after the completed play and tackled Greg from both sides. One aimed for his torso, the other below the waist. The whole stadium gasped as the quarterback laid lifeless on the field. James threw his head back and sighed with satisfaction and exhaled a drag of smoke.

The coach and medic charged the field, as Greg laid still with his eye frantically searched the sky, "I can't feel my legs! I can't feel my fucking legs!"

James chuckled as he put out his cigarette, "Well Greg, tomorrow I'll be paying you a visit."

********************
Did you like the chapter?

Was James wrong to hurt Greg?

Where did Bianca go?

Were you surprised that Avin didn't visit Bianca in the hospital?